The Student Room Group

Imperial Mechanical Engineering with year abroad MEng 4 years

I've currently made an offer of A*A*AAA to Imperial with my A Levels in Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Spanish. The problem is for the year abroad it requires FRENCH OR GERMAN A LEVEL, and I have taken Spanish for the year abroad as it's the Modern Foreign Language that was compulsory at my secondary school all the way through and we studied no other MFL, meaning because of this it is risking my chance of doing this course.

Could you give me some advice on what to do please??

Cheers!
Reply 1
Original post by Engineering444
I've currently made an offer of A*A*AAA to Imperial with my A Levels in Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Spanish. The problem is for the year abroad it requires FRENCH OR GERMAN A LEVEL, and I have taken Spanish for the year abroad as it's the Modern Foreign Language that was compulsory at my secondary school all the way through and we studied no other MFL, meaning because of this it is risking my chance of doing this course.

Could you give me some advice on what to do please??

Cheers!

They also have non-French/German language placements:

"You spend this year studying at a leading university in Australia, Singapore or the USA, or via the Erasmus scheme in France, Germany, Switzerland or the Netherlands."

Posted from TSR Mobile
thank you but are you sure you havent read the CHEMICAL engineeering entry requirements and not the mechanical because this was what i remember seeing on the chemical course
Reply 3
Original post by Engineering444
thank you but are you sure you havent read the CHEMICAL engineeering entry requirements and not the mechanical because this was what i remember seeing on the chemical course

Nope. MechEng

https://www.imperial.ac.uk/study/ug/courses/mechanical-engineering-department/mechanical-engineering-with-a-year-abroad/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending