The Student Room Group

Post exam 'depression'

I'm really feeling rubbish. It's been just over a week since I finished my A2 exams and I seem to have nothing to do. All my friends are 'busy' and there's not a lot to do on my own before I go insane. Have been tidying up my room as this drove me crazy when studying but now that's done I seem to have nothing to do until uni in September. I went shopping yesterday on my own but I didn't really enjoy it and I was really anxious all day for some reason. Guess I need to find something to do. I have a job on Sunday's and have asked for extra hours but not heard anything yet
Original post by Caitlin20
I'm really feeling rubbish. It's been just over a week since I finished my A2 exams and I seem to have nothing to do. All my friends are 'busy' and there's not a lot to do on my own before I go insane. Have been tidying up my room as this drove me crazy when studying but now that's done I seem to have nothing to do until uni in September. I went shopping yesterday on my own but I didn't really enjoy it and I was really anxious all day for some reason. Guess I need to find something to do. I have a job on Sunday's and have asked for extra hours but not heard anything yet

Honestly, don't worry. After all the stress you've been through with your A2 exams, you need a chance to relax. I'm sure your friends will arrange to do something with you soon. Keep trying to ask for more hours in your job and if you can't then it would be best to look somewhere else. I have been depressed myself in the past and boredom seems to trigger it, so keep yourself busy even if it is the simplest thing such as going out for a walk, being stuck in the same place is no good for me personally.

All the best,
Reply 2
Need to find a hobby you can do; you're going to be in this predicament a lot in your life - any college/university holidays, any weekends home from work, during retirement etc. So you need to find something you enjoy and can study in your free time.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Honestly, don't worry. After all the stress you've been through with your A2 exams, you need a chance to relax. I'm sure your friends will arrange to do something with you soon. Keep trying to ask for more hours in your job and if you can't then it would be best to look somewhere else. I have been depressed myself in the past and boredom seems to trigger it, so keep yourself busy even if it is the simplest thing such as going out for a walk, being stuck in the same place is no good for me personally.

All the best,

Thank you, think this has been a trigger for me as I've gone from going 100mph to doing nothing within days..

Just to let you know, I've just finished second year of uni and am also feeling like this. One thing I found has helped is joining a sports club which I love - gives me a little bit more structure in particular, and I really enjoy it anyway. Maybe try something like that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Butterfly9595
Just to let you know, I've just finished second year of uni and am also feeling like this. One thing I found has helped is joining a sports club which I love - gives me a little bit more structure in particular, and I really enjoy it anyway. Maybe try something like that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Was thinking about joining the gym for a month after I get back from holiday next week to try and get some structure and also lose the comfort eating weight from exams!!
Was thinking about joining the gym for a month after I get back from holiday next week to try and get some structure and also lose the comfort eating weight from exams!!

That sounds like a good idea :smile: haha that was also my motivation for joining a sports club

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest