The Student Room Group

Ingrown hair scar removal/treatment

Does anybody have any quick and easy and affordable treatments I could use? It's all over my arms and they have spread really quickly :frown:
Original post by hgopxo
Does anybody have any quick and easy and affordable treatments I could use? It's all over my arms and they have spread really quickly :frown:

It's quite unusual to have lots of ingrown hair scars, especially on your arms. Most people get ingrown hairs occasionally, and then very few would actually leave a proper scar. I think it would be worth going to your Dr to find out if these are actually something else. There is a really common and harmless condition called keratosis pilaris, for example, which it could be. It's impossible to advise without seeing them in person so a visit to your GP is the only way to get a confirmed diagnosis.
Reply 2
Original post by Charlotte49
It's quite unusual to have lots of ingrown hair scars, especially on your arms. Most people get ingrown hairs occasionally, and then very few would actually leave a proper scar. I think it would be worth going to your Dr to find out if these are actually something else. There is a really common and harmless condition called keratosis pilaris, for example, which it could be. It's impossible to advise without seeing them in person so a visit to your GP is the only way to get a confirmed diagnosis.

I think I have keratosis pilaris on my upper arm and I have ingrown hair on my lower arm :frown:
Original post by hgopxo
I think I have keratosis pilaris on my upper arm and I have ingrown hair on my lower arm :frown:

You really need to see a GP to determine what it is for sure, as it could be something completely different. Whether keratosis pilaris is treated depends how severe it is and isn't something I can advise on without seeing. There's not much point wasting time or money on over the counter treatments without a definitive diagnosis of what this is.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending