The Student Room Group

MATHS PIXL PREDICTED PAPERS EDEXCEL (9-1) ---Please Help!---

Has anyone done the maths pixl predicted papers for the new gcse ?
If so pleasee help?
What were the hardest topics and pleasee point me in the right direction! I woud be very grateful! Thankyouuu
Reply 1
bump
Reply 2
anyone???????????

Spoiler

Original post by bluepearl7
bump

I did the non calculator paper in my year 10 math mock exams yesterday and it was fairly difficult. There was loads of surd questions, some standard from, ratio, one question asked you to estimate the area of a seed inside a nut??? the first question was 2.7 x 4.63 i think. There was also some questions about velocity time graphs too:frown:
Reply 5
Original post by laurenrhawkins
I did the non calculator paper in my year 10 math mock exams yesterday and it was fairly difficult. There was loads of surd questions, some standard from, ratio, one question asked you to estimate the area of a seed inside a nut??? the first question was 2.7 x 4.63 i think. There was also some questions about velocity time graphs too:frown:

I did mine today-it was okay.The proof of perpendicular lines and box plots were hard.The topics u mentioned didnt come up tho.Have u done paper 2?
im not sure, i was told that i was doing the non-calculator paper 1. It was out of 80 marks? i don't suppose you've done the OCR pixl english mock? I've got mine tomorrow:frown:
Reply 7
Original post by laurenrhawkins
im not sure, i was told that i was doing the non-calculator paper 1. It was out of 80 marks? i don't suppose you've done the OCR pixl english mock? I've got mine tomorrow:frown:

oh, then i'm not too sure. No, sorry. My exam board is English AQA

What subject so you do for GCSE?
i do: maths edexcel, english OCR, 4 separate sciences OCR- physics, biology, chemistry and computer science so i have to topics 1-7 in each science, geography AQA, music OCR-im on a music scholarship, food tech OCR, and french AQA.:facepalm::eek:
do you have the June 2016 paper 2 Pre Paper Exam Edexcel Style? What topics are coming up?
Paper2 any ideas
Original post by hamzahnawaz777
Paper2 any ideas

The best advice would be to revise grades 7 and 8 .If you have time go over the hard topics for grade 6.

Try going to this website called bland.in. also try the specimen papers.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by bluepearl7
Has anyone done the maths pixl predicted papers for the new gcse ?
If so pleasee help?
What were the hardest topics and pleasee point me in the right direction! I woud be very grateful! Thankyouuu

I done the papers and have got my results. They were very similar to the specimen papers on edexcel's website.

I got:
70/80
76/80
77/80

The mark scheme is really harsh and the teachers were very strict as they are going to be moderated. On the second and third paper, I got all the answers correct but lost out on marks like not showing the reciprocal of a fraction when dividing. There was also a Fibonacci sequence one where I lost a mark for not showing my working out for when I was adding the terms. My teacher said that if it was a normal edexcel paper I would have got full marks on the second and third.
(edited 7 years ago)
Were there any frequency polygon questions

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending