The Student Room Group

Vote on the future of the Model European Union

Scroll to see replies

Original post by adam9317
Sorry I wasn't around this afternoon/ evening to mod this place [Just to let you know I'm the official mod :tongue: round here] So lets keep it civil guys, keep this place argument free.

Thanks @Airmed for stepping in and keeping the peace!

Any necessity to tell everyone you're the mod here still...? Or is it just the normal reason with mods...
Original post by mobbsy91
Any necessity to tell everyone you're the mod here still...? Or is it just the normal reason with mods...

Its just Airmed had said above that she wasn't sure if this section was modless, so was clearing up confusion
Original post by adam9317
:tongue: good job I'm a Trumpist :smile:

Are you really? :argh:
The results have now been adjusted according to the totals I have received from QC
So, to be honest, the fact that it's revealed even fewer are bothered about this place, just says a lot...

The ironic thing is, if the poll was reversed, the people wanting to keep the MEU would be harping on about how more said to keep, so that's what should happen...
So, to be honest, the fact that it's revealed even fewer are bothered about this place, just says a lot...

The ironic thing is, if the poll was reversed, the people wanting to keep the MEU would be harping on about how more said to keep, so that's what should happen...

Rather, we'd be harping on about how 17, like 12, is more than enough to get this place started.
Original post by TheDefiniteArticle
Rather, we'd be harping on about how 17, like 12, is more than enough to get this place started.

And how in all this time 17, like 12, have been incapable of getting it going

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jammy Duel
And how in all this time 17, like 12, have been incapable of getting it going

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's because it's mostly been allocated to groups of 1-4. If we get the go-ahead, I'll get on with sorting out a constitution.
That's because it's mostly been allocated to groups of 1-4. If we get the go-ahead, I'll get on with sorting out a constitution.

You mean that thing you said you were doing a month or two ago? Perhaps this epitomises the problem

You've all had the bloody go ahead for the last few months... If anyone really cared, they could've written a constitution, sent it to adam, and he could've put it before everyone.
You mean that thing you said you were doing a month or two ago? Perhaps this epitomises the problem

I mentioned I'd give it a go a few weeks ago, then I hit a busy couple of weeks and then we had the whole controversy about the future of the MEU so it didn't seem worth it.
You've all had the bloody go ahead for the last few months... If anyone really cared, they could've written a constitution, sent it to adam, and he could've put it before everyone.

I don't see why you actively want to get the MEU shut down. If you don't want to participate, simply ignore it, and it doesn't affect your life in any way. That's why the only relevant number in the poll of this thread is the raw number of ayes.
This is hilarious, there are a group of users whose self-importance is at an all time high, these members are convinced they have monopoly power over forums on the internet, their ego is large enough these members feel it is up to them to decide what happens to forums on a website, like those members are convinced they own the forums. If members want nothing to do with the forums I suggest those members post in a different forum they like, the solution is simple, if a member has no interest that member can go elsewhere. I do not have an interest in the MEU which is why I do not tend to post in these forums, however, I am not one of those members who thinks I have some sort of power; it is ridiculous.
Original post by Nigel Farage MEP
This is hilarious, there are a group of users whose self-importance is at an all time high, these members are convinced they have monopoly power over forums on the internet, their ego is large enough these members feel it is up to them to decide what happens to forums on a website, like those members are convinced they own the forums. If members want nothing to do with the forums I suggest those members post in a different forum they like, the solution is simple, if a member has no interest that member can go elsewhere. I do not have an interest in the MEU which is why I do not tend to post in these forums, however, I am not one of those members who thinks I have some sort of power; it is ridiculous.

Blah blah, none of this changes the fact that the MEU is inactive (actually, it's worse than that because it never was active to begin with).
So, a question to those who voted to keep the MEU, what have you been doing for the past two weeks to get this place going...?

Given the apparent interest you showed, why hasn't there been stuff happening here... I think this just proves that even those who voted to keep this as the MEU really don't care about it.
So, a question to those who voted to keep the MEU, what have you been doing for the past two weeks to get this place going...?

Given the apparent interest you showed, why hasn't there been stuff happening here... I think this just proves that even those who voted to keep this as the MEU really don't care about it.

My mind has been changed by the lack of activity. I now don't see any real value in the MEU. Whether that means it should be closed depends on the costs its being open imposes.
My mind has been changed by the lack of activity. I now don't see any real value in the MEU. Whether that means it should be closed depends on the costs its being open imposes.

Fair enough. I think the thing is, is that it would still need CT intervention at times (for permission stuff, sub-forum stuff, etc...) and we see how slow that can be in the MHoC at the best of times... Having this open as well, could potentially slow them down even more on these things...

Also, I think people who don't think the MEU should happen, want the forum to be locked, so that it can be used, in effect as a MUN grave where people are able to view the past threads and look back at the MUN... I know it can be quite fun looking back at what happened in the MUN before it was shut!

So when nothing was happening before you said it should keep going, but now when nothing happens you say it probably shouldn't. What's changed?

Posted from TSR Mobile
So when nothing was happening before you said it should keep going, but now when nothing happens you say it probably shouldn't. What's changed?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was hoping the vote would operate as something to kickstart the MEU. Now it feels like if I want to get it going, I'd end up doing far too much myself and I really can't be arsed.
I was hoping the vote would operate as something to kickstart the MEU. Now it feels like if I want to get it going, I'd end up doing far too much myself and I really can't be arsed.

You should have realised that from the MHoC given pretty much everybody who sjowed any interest sit around in their arses doing nothing in the MHoC

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending