The Student Room Group

How long will Remain VOTERS keep complaining

Poll

when does it stop

2 years?

Scroll to see replies

After seeing the young remainers on TSR I feel concerned for the future of this country lol
NEVER!
Original post by physicsphysics91
After seeing the young remainers on TSR I feel concerned for the future of this country lol

After seeing brexiters on TSR as well, I echo your sentiments.

I think it'll be some time anyway and you'll get people at eachother's throats (it takes two to tango) .
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by physicsphysics91

Why?
Reply 5
Imagine if people continued to give a toss about politics, what a terrible world that would be...
Reply 6
Original post by KingBradly
Wow such a smart retort. You took what he said and said it again. Really clever stuff.

Because it takes real brain power to be sarcastic...

/irony
If Remain had won, how quickly would Farage and UKIP have given up?

Would they have been saying "we now respect the country has voted Remain and are changing UKIPs policy to support the European Union". As if.

The remainers have a logic to their argument:
- the referendum result was close
- many people voted on the basis of complete lies
- withdrawing from the EU has such massive consequences for the UK that there is a risk many people that voted leave will end up regretting it

Surely if leavers are confident in the public mood, then the response should be, yes lets have a second referendum, we'll win that, and then what will you do?
Reply 8
Original post by offhegoes
Imagine if people continued to give a toss about politics, what a terrible world that would be...

I think the only positive thing that came out of this referendum is it encouraged more young people to become interested and involved in politics :redface:
Original post by MagicNMedicine

Would they have been saying "we now respect the country has voted Remain and are changing UKIPs policy to support the European Union". As if.

- withdrawing from the EU has such massive consequences for the UK that there is a risk many people that voted leave will end up regretting it

Surely if leavers are confident in the public mood, then the response should be, yes lets have a second referendum, we'll win that, and then what will you do?

Why not have 10 referendums
Reply 10
I think it's easier to just put your arm on the shoulder of a remainer and say "Actually we didn't mean the £350M a week as some sort of gospel. Whether it's 100M, 200M or 3 Trillion it doesn't actually matter. Some things are actually more important than money but you never would have got that otherwise."
(edited 7 years ago)

They would have pressed HARD for further reform of the EU. I honestly believe that's what the leave camp wanted, reform not removal.

Tbh if the result was 52/48, remain winning, they would have gotten a much better reform deal.
Reply 12
At least as long as Scotland will moan about not being independent.

Set your alarms for 2070.
Original post by offhegoes
Because it takes real brain power to be sarcastic...

/irony

Such irony.
Reply 14
Never :ahee:

If UKIP and Farage lost and were making these arguments, what do you think the remain voters currently moaning about the result would be saying? They certainly wouldn't be sympathetic - they would be telling them to accept the result of a democratic referendum and that calling for a second referendum immediately after losing one is ridiculous. As would many reasonable leave voters. And quite rightly.

The referendum result being close is irrelevant, and "regretting" a vote is not a valid reason to hold another one - if it was then we'd be re-running pretty much every election and referendum that ever happens. People have plenty of time to make their minds up, and it was made pretty clear during the campaign that this was going to be a once in a generation thing.
The whining way recede but it will never end
Yup agree - it will be as long as Scotland keep whining.*

Why can the remain not accept that they have LOST. Scotland will have another referendum and keep voting until they get the result they want. *Must be like living under a dictatorship up there. *
If Nigel Farage had shown the same sense of defeatism that people now expect remain supporters to show we would not have had a brexit vote. Instead he fought his corner for years. Despite being a remain voter, I accept the decision, but I'm not going to criticise people for continuing to fight for what they believe.
We've got another 43 years of complaning until we catch up with brexiters.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending