The Student Room Group

Just discovered my girlfriend used to be a man

Alright so me and my girlfriend has been together now for over two years but only recently had I discovered she used to be a man.

I was in the bar with her brother and we were getting drunk and when he is drunk he has a tendency to tell the truth, which is exactly what he did. He asked me 'are you gay' and when I replied 'no', he then said 'then why are you dating a former guy'. I thought this was a joke until he went into further detail and I left and confronted my girlfriend, who at first lied until her brother came around and forced her to admit it before leaving. My girlfriend explained that she was unhappy and thought about killing herself, which was when she began to cry. I called her a 'freak' before adding our relationship was over and left her house.

Its now been two weeks and though our relationship is truly broken and it makes me feel sick to think of her as a man, I still care.

Scroll to see replies

This is deep...

Spoiler

topkek
Reply 3
Well, I say you handled that well. Only improvement I would add is that you should have posted his secret to his FB wall too.
We are all female before we are born, does it matter what gender we used to be?
Original post by Katiee224

Still a bloke, still XY, only changed some hormones and exterior, still a bloke. AND, the person should have told him, kind of an important thing if you're in a relationship for a year, coz he obvs weren't cool with it, and it would have enabled he/she or whatever it is to find someone accepting.
Original post by Katiee224

Da ***?
I would abort mission mate, should have told you at the start of the relationship
You were a bit harsh but you did the right thing, she kept such an important thing secret, it was best to end it.

@Foo.mp3 do you have any tips for this guy to get over his ex?
Harsh, but I probably would of done the same thing. How didn't you notice?
Original post by Foo.mp3
If a girl insists on always turning off the lights then she's either British and from a respectable family, of the old skool, or else (formerly) a man :mmm:

Poor guy :mmm:

:toofunny:
That is disgusting that didn't tell you! Shocking
I'm having a hard time believing this:
Her brother has told you nothing until now.
He only told you now because he was drunk.
It's one think go spill secrets in a drunken state, it's another to take it upon himself to go all the way to her house to make her "confess", when before this he had no interest in spilling her secret.

It just doesn't add up.
if on the off chance this isnt bait:

wow, that was terrible of you! you could not have handled that much worse. she literally told you that she felt like killing herself and you thought that it was an appropriate time to call her a freak and dump her? jesus. she deserves better than you.

as to the idea of "i had the right to know/she should have told me": why??? literally what difference does it make. it doesnt matter if someone is not the same gender now as they were born as. they are the gender they identify with now. the past is irrelevent. the only time you would even remotely need to know is if youre having sex (if they havent transitioned) or if youre trying to conceive (if they have).
thinking negatively of her because shes trans is undeniably transphobic.

seriously, youre a dick, op.
Original post by WBZ144
I'm having a hard time believing this:
Her brother has told you nothing until now.
He only told you now because he was drunk.
It's one think go spill secrets in a drunken state, it's another to take it upon himself to go all the way to her house to make her "confess", when before this he had no interest in spilling her secret.

It just doesn't add up.

There's your problem, lot's of human beings are not rational, don't apply logic to them, you might have it, but others don't. And tbh, being drunk makes you completely different so maybe he thought it funny or some ****
Original post by kirigiri
if on the off chance this isnt bait:

wow, that was terrible of you! you could not have handled that much worse. she literally told you that she felt like killing herself and you thought that it was an appropriate time to call her a freak and dump her? jesus. she deserves better than you.

as to the idea of "i had the right to know/she should have told me": why??? literally what difference does it make. it doesnt matter if someone is not the same gender now as they were born as. they are the gender they identify with now. the past is irrelevent. the only time you would even remotely need to know is if youre having sex (if they havent transitioned) or if youre trying to conceive (if they have).
thinking negatively of her because shes trans is undeniably transphobic.

seriously, youre a ****, op.

LOL wtf, He's not in the wrong, think how emotionally ****ed up he is thinking all that he knew about his gf is built on a massive lie.
Original post by IronicalMan
LOL wtf, he thought it was a real women and it wasn't, she or whatever it identifies as, because tbh I will never see trans as real women, should have told him. He's not in the wrong, think how emotionally ****ed up he is thinking all that he knew about his gf is built on a massive lie.

oh come on this must be bait no one can be this stupid
Original post by Mike_91
Alright so me and my girlfriend has been together now for over two years but only recently had I discovered she used to be a man.

I was in the bar with her brother and we were getting drunk and when he is drunk he has a tendency to tell the truth, which is exactly what he did. He asked me 'are you gay' and when I replied 'no', he then said 'then why are you dating a former guy'. I thought this was a joke until he went into further detail and I left and confronted my girlfriend, who at first lied until her brother came around and forced her to admit it before leaving. My girlfriend explained that she was unhappy and thought about killing herself, which was when she began to cry. I called her a 'freak' before adding our relationship was over and left her house.

Its now been two weeks and though our relationship is truly broken and it makes me feel sick to think of her as a man, I still care.

Yeah, coz this really happened, didn't it?

:laugh:
Yes, she should have told you.

But from the way you acted towards her, she should be glad to be rid of you :smile:

If this is even true.
Original post by kirigiri
oh come on this must be bait no one can be this stupid

But tbf, some trans can actually look like women, I mean I had one come up on tinder(I only have it set to women so idk why) and tbf it did look like a girl, I mean some natural girls can look like men, so you have to be careful in this world with surgery and hormones and all that **** :/, although the one on tinder obvs started treatment or what ever you call it at a young age, I was still creeped out though lol.
Some people are stupid, others have lived with wives/husbands that have had doubles lives, you just can't trust anyone these days lol.

Latest

Trending

Trending