The Student Room Group

facial waxing

Hi, so I'm 15 years old a female. And I don't have heavy hair but I have light black hair for example on my upper lip and chin and side burns. I want to get rid of it.

I want to wax It from the parlour but I'm scared it might grow back thick or even longer?
I don't know what to do?
Reply 1
There's no proof that waxing makes it grow back thicker, darker or longer. It is actually more likely that it will grow back less with continued waxing. You also have the choice of simply lightening it
Reply 2
Original post by Devify
There's no proof that waxing makes it grow back thicker, darker or longer. It is actually more likely that it will grow back less with continued waxing. You also have the choice of simply lightening it

I do my chin and upper lips and they just grow thinner maybe a bit longer? But Really thin.

I'm scared of trying it on my face.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I actually really like the hair removal creams specifically for these areas. My skin reacts to everything, including wax for even the most sensitive skin, but I didn't feel a thing when I used Nair's upper lit kit. It's not expensive, you can do it yourself, and only takes a matter of minutes. It's a great product to look into, and it's still fine on my hyper-sensitive skin.
Reply 4
Original post by chelseadagg3r
I actually really like the hair removal creams specifically for these areas. My skin reacts to everything, including wax for even the most sensitive skin, but I didn't feel a thing when I used Nair's upper lit kit. It's not expensive, you can do it yourself, and only takes a matter of minutes. It's a great product to look into, and it's still fine on my hyper-sensitive skin.

but they all smell sooo bad :cry:
Original post by goam
but they all smell sooo bad :cry:

Haha the one I used wasn't so bad. Anyway, I'd take it over red marks and dry skin from waxing any day :tongue:
Reply 6
Original post by chelseadagg3r
Haha the one I used wasn't so bad. Anyway, I'd take it over red marks and dry skin from waxing any day :tongue:

hm might have to try that one then & yeahh every method some sort of downfall I guess :frown:
Time to start shaving like a man :wink:
Reply 8
Original post by goam
hm might have to try that one then & yeahh every method some sort of downfall I guess :frown:

How did u find waxing'

Posted from TSR Mobile
Blowtorch?
Reply 10
Original post by sibby313
How did u find waxing'

Posted from TSR Mobile

For me waxing is the best method- no rashes or anything and it's not too pain full but it's just too expensive to do my arms and legs with :frown: So I only wax facial hair
Reply 11
Original post by goam
For me waxing is the best method- no rashes or anything and it's not too pain full but it's just too expensive to do my arms and legs with :frown: So I only wax facial hair

I want to do it as well. I do my arms and legs but I'm scared my facial hair might grow back thicker and darker.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by sibby313
I want to do it as well. I do my arms and legs but I'm scared my facial hair might grow back thicker and darker.

Posted from TSR Mobile

why don't you do a little 'test patch' and see how it grows back? For me it hasn't grown back thicker (this is a myth anyway) and I already have black hair hair so it couldn't come out any darker :dontknow:
Reply 13
Original post by goam
why don't you do a little 'test patch' and see how it grows back? For me it hasn't grown back thicker (this is a myth anyway) and I already have black hair hair so it couldn't come out any darker :dontknow:

Same I have black hair too.

I got my side burns waxed once last year and they grew back thinner and not very noticeable.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest