The Student Room Group

grammar school? Is it right for me?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mediaya
Omg, i did exacly the same thing :eek:

We started off with the tonnes of coursework we had to do in year 10 n 11 and then we dropped it (soo all the 3 units of hard working coursework that i did was just put in the bin :angry:) my teacher was really crap basically so he couldnt manage to finish all the 5 units we had to do, in time..........

And then everyone in the whole schools (even those who knew nothing about ict) ended up doing this ecdl in ict that according to my teacher (but i dont believe him) is a gcse or equivalent. There 8s basically no difference in between me and those who never chise ict....... :eek: We did 4 test too, power point, word, exel and a last one on all 3 together n some other applied stuff..... And these really easy test was all we did..... When i think of ALL the coursework i did which was wasted, it make me want to die :facepalm::facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
In the tests, I got 88, 97, 82 and 83 out of 100, I did them last month.

Doesn't it acc count as a GCSE???????
depends which one. I go to one of the top ones and im leaving because its overrated asf and only does so well because of the students.
Original post by hamza772000
In the tests, I got 88, 97, 82 and 83 out of 100, I did them last month.

Doesn't it acc count as a GCSE???????

I dunno if it does, but it can't be equivalent to the gcse i was doing before :colonhash:
@mediaya It does count, and it is equivalent, that's what the guy who came to my school said, okay! Now be quiet and just embrace the fact that you've got an A* in IT!!!!! lol jk, but yh it is equivalent. :smile:

btw, I remember, I acc sat my OCR IT exam in yr 10, but we never got the results and my teacher left and then all of a sudden we just did ECDL.

And when we asked for our results, they showed us this random excel spreadsheet with D's and F's :eek: I got so pissed off, coz I knew I smashed that exam....but oh well, at least I'll have an A* now(hopefully)
Original post by hamza772000
@mediaya It does count, and it is equivalent, that's what the guy who came to my school said, okay! Now be quiet and just embrace the fact that you've got an A* in IT!!!!! lol jk, but yh it is equivalent. :smile:

btw, I remember, I acc sat my OCR IT exam in yr 10, but we never got the results and my teacher left and then all of a sudden we just did ECDL.

And when we asked for our results, they showed us this random excel spreadsheet with D's and F's :eek: I got so pissed off, coz I knew I smashed that exam....but oh well, at least I'll have an A* now(hopefully)

Oh okay now i know, thanks
@mediaya You're welcome :smile: lol
Original post by mediaya
Oh okay now i know, thanks

I think you should go to a grammar school if you're the type of person who can work on their own and self motivate themselves. I would assume that you don't get as much pastoral care in one as you would perhaps get I a college, but certainly you would be surrounded by a more ambitious environment, making you work better, resulting in better grades. I think achieving higher grades is a lot harder in a non grammar school, but it depends on yourself really: if you work hard then it doesn't matter where you go, by if you're slightly lazy a grammar school would keep you on track. Personally, if you want good grades go to the grammar school, but if you want to have a better time go to the college. Bear in mind you only get one shot at a levels and so sacrificing a social life would be worth it. I also feel as if your general knowledge, understanding and view on subject matters and the world in general would be enhanced by being surrounded by clever people. in my opinion go to the grammar school. Hope this helps.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 1jonam16
I think you should go to a grammar school if you're the type of person who can work on their own and self motivate themselves. I would assume that you don't get as much pastoral care in one as you would perhaps get I a college, but certainly you would be surrounded by a more ambitious environment, making you work better, resulting in better grades. I think achieving higher grades is a lot harder in a non grammar school, but it depends on yourself really: if you work hard then it doesn't matter where you go, by if you're slightly lazy a grammar school would keep you on track. Personally, if you want good grades go to the grammar school, but if you want to have a better time go to the college. Bear in mind you only get one shot at a levels and so sacrificing a social life would be worth it. I also feel as if your general knowledge, understanding and view on subject matters and the world in general would be enhanced by being surrounded by clever people. in my opinion go to the grammar school. Hope this helps.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thankyou very much :smile:, this is very helpful and i really apppriciate your help:yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
It doesn't matter as long as you're doing triple science you're good

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 169
This is meant in your best interests . Grammar schools are disciplined in very many ways and a basic essential is to respect other and not to swear. You are able to use correct English language because you are educated.
Original post by HPM
This is meant in your best interests . Grammar schools are disciplined in very many ways and a basic essential is to respect other and not to swear. You are able to use correct English language because you are educated.

Wow you did realise this is a really old thread :tongue:

I wish i didnt go grammar school.
Well it has its disadvantages and advantages as well
Oh well

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest