The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Do I stand a chance?

My GCSE options were in softer subjects like catering and media do you still think I have a chance of getting into LSE international relations.
AS- Law, History, Politics and RE
Predicted AAAB
Personal statement: Prefect, write a political blog, editor and founder of sixth form newspaper, marketing work experience, work experience in Parliament, member of a political party, learning French independently and reading books like The establishment (Owen Jones) + majorly passionate about politics and IR.

Maths A
Level 2 further maths C
English (both A)
Science (additional and core) A
Italian A
Media A
Art B
BTEC IT D*
Catering A*
RE A*
Reply 1
Original post by Qmwnebrv
My GCSE options were in softer subjects like catering and media do you still think I have a chance of getting into LSE international relations.
AS- Law, History, Politics and RE
Predicted AAAB
Personal statement: Prefect, write a political blog, editor and founder of sixth form newspaper, marketing work experience, work experience in Parliament, member of a political party, learning French independently and reading books like The establishment (Owen Jones) + majorly passionate about politics and IR.

Maths A
Level 2 further maths C
English (both A)
Science (additional and core) A
Italian A
Media A
Art B
BTEC IT D*
Catering A*
RE A*

You stand a very strong chance, as I'm sure you know.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by Jamie S
You stand a very strong chance, as I'm sure you know.

I didn't know lol but thanks. Everyone on this forum stresses me out because they are all like "do I stand a chance- I have 10a* 4a' and a B damnnn that B's soo bad" so its difficult to tell if people are just over exaggerating.
I'm going to the open day on the 7th so I'll ask the admissions people.
Reply 3
Original post by Qmwnebrv
I didn't know lol but thanks. Everyone on this forum stresses me out because they are all like "do I stand a chance- I have 10a* 4a' and a B damnnn that B's soo bad" so its difficult to tell if people are just over exaggerating.
I'm going to the open day on the 7th so I'll ask the admissions people.

Well I study at LSE, your grades are about average of the people I know.
Reply 4
Original post by Jamie S
Well I study at LSE, your grades are about average of the people I know.

Thank you :smile:
Reply 5
Does anyone want to tell me if I have a chance! I'm thinking of applying for law:

GCSEs:

Maths : B
Biology : B
Chemistry : B
French : B
English lit : A
English lang: A
RE: A*
History : A*
Geography : B
Physics : B
ICT: B
Physics : C

I'm predicted : AABB (however informally this is AAAA)

My PS: blog, barristers chamber experience, jurisprudence meeting, president of mooting & law society, president of debate club , deputy head girl

If you could reply that would be great thank u :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending