Scroll to see replies

Yeah that's what I suspected :biggrin:
Original post by romansholiday
Yeah that's what I suspected :biggrin:

Whats your address
Original post by RibbonTide
Whats your address

haha
The seeds can be quite awkward to germinate, especially those from those "grow your own X carnivorous plant" type things as you don't know how long the seeds have been sitting on the shelf for, seeds loss their viability after a while.

Get an already growing one and contrary to some advice on here put the pot in a saucer/shallow bowl of water and have that water there all the time, it will take up water continuously through it's roots, do not water it from above/spray it if you can help it, as it wastes time closing the traps for nothing and isn't necessary. Feeding wise you'll find it'll probably end up catching enough insects just being sat on a windowsill without supplementary feeding, but if you wish you can drop a live/dead insect into a trap (if its live I'd cripple it so its easier for you to put it into a trap), if you drop a dead one in and the trap closes, put your fingers either side of the trap and gently squeeze it together a few times, as the traps will often open again and not digest an already dead insect, where as moving the trap together will make it believe it was alive and thus start digestion (they will sometimes open again the next day having not digested a dead insect, as if enough hairs/spines inside are not triggered they take it as a false alarm basically).

Once we approach winter put the pot somewhere cooler and where there isn't much light, don't sit in a dish of water anymore and just wet the soil a small amount if it dries out, the plant will die back but in spring put it back onto the windowsil (fresh soil mix is an idea now) in a dish of water again.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest