The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Playmaker#10
This argument is similar to the gun control argument, that if you disarm citizens crime will go down, which completely failed in Jamaica, Somalia, Ireland and Venezuela, so let's see how the rape rate will change now that the refugees see the Beautiful blue eyed, blonde haired Swedish girls wearing a wristband saying don't rape me.

How has jamacia somalia and ireland failed?
Original post by RibbonTide
How has jamacia somalia and ireland failed?

I didn't say the countries as a whole have failed, I said the disarming of their citizens to lower gun crimes have failed in those countries.
Original post by Adamski191
I mean crack down on the organised gangs that are going around and raping people, though I do agree it's a problem that people are able to just get into a country without being checked. Complete border checks should be applied to every country, people, and even objects. Better safe than sorry...

Organised gangs aren't the problem, it's the individuals with constant 'sexual emergencies'

In an entire thread with that same link posted. NEWSFLASH: a website called "muslimstatistics" is not a news website and it still failed to provide evidence for the religious backgrounds of the perpetrators.
Reply 64
Original post by WBZ144
Sweden's rape reporting system differs from that of other countries, the claims that it is the "rape capital of Europe" has already been debunked, as have the claims that rapes and sexual assaults in Sweden and Norway all come from migrants (or almost all).

Victims and potential victims of sexual assault shouldn't be the ones to "fight it". The rules of consent should be taught thoroughly from the age when sex education is taught and harsher penalties for convicted rapists (here it can be as few as 3 years for "non-serious rape":wink:.

Where do you get that from? It was never debunked. Norway and Sweden have the same broad definition of rape yet it has twice less rape rape than Sweden.
Original post by WBZ144
In an entire thread with that same link posted. NEWSFLASH: a website called "muslimstatistics" is not a news website and it still failed to provide evidence for the religious backgrounds of the perpetrators.

I guess you don't really pay attention to the news because it was only as soon as Sweden started experimenting with Islamic immigration that their rape statistics sky-rocketed.

http://www.wnd.com/2016/03/swedish-rape-crisis-boils-over-as-media-stays-silent/

In 1975, before Sweden began experimenting with a multicultural immigration strategy, it was one of the safest countries in the world.

Sweden and Denmark now have the highest rates of sexual assault in the European Union, according to a study by the European Agency for Fundamental Rights.

The findings were based on data from 2012 that was published in 2014.
Original post by slaven
Where do you get that from? It was never debunked. Norway and Sweden have the same broad definition of rape yet it has twice less rape rape than Sweden.

If the UK counted multiple rapes perpetrated by the same individual, on the same victim even when it happened during the same night, do you think that rape stats wouldn't soar through the roof? Not to mention oral, anal, vaginal and so forth which happened during the same incident would count as separate rapes.

I'm not too familiar with Norway'so rape reporting system, do you have a source?
(edited 7 years ago)
I guess you don't really pay attention to the news because it was only as soon as Sweden started experimenting with Islamic immigration that their rape statistics sky-rocketed.

http://www.wnd.com/2016/03/swedish-rape-crisis-boils-over-as-media-stays-silent/

In 1975, before Sweden began experimenting with a multicultural immigration strategy, it was one of the safest countries in the world.

Sweden and Denmark now have the highest rates of sexual assault in the European Union, according to a study by the European Agency for Fundamental Rights.

The findings were based on data from 2012 that was published in 2014.

Stats for the religious backgrounds of the perpetrators please, that is all I asked. Do you have them?
Original post by WBZ144
If the UK counted multiple rapes perpetrated by the same individual, on the same victim even when it happened during the same night, do you think that rape stats wouldn't soar through the roof? Not to mention oral, anal, vaginal and so forth which happened during the same incident would count as separate rapes.

I'm not too familiar with Norway'so rape reporting system, do you have a source?

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=2b4_1370337629
Original post by WBZ144
Stats for the religious backgrounds of the perpetrators please, that is all I asked. Do you have them?

Actually read the article I link up and stop with the deflection.

Here's a quote.

“Over the past 10 to 15 years, immigrants have mainly come [into Sweden] from Muslim countries such as Iraq, Syria and Somalia.

Might this influx explain Sweden’s rape explosion?“It is difficult to give a precise answer, because Swedish law forbids registration based on people’s ancestry or religion.

One possible explanation is that, on average, people from the Middle East have a vastly different view of women and sex than Scandinavians have.

Stop posting links and produce a proper counter argument. Do you really think it'sa coincidence that rape stats soared after 2005 when the new rape and sexual assault laws were introduced, which made the definition of sexual offences very broad? In that case you are either very naive or in a state of stubborn denial.
(edited 7 years ago)
Actually read the article I link up and stop with the deflection.

Here's a quote.

“Over the past 10 to 15 years, immigrants have mainly come [into Sweden] from Muslim countries such as Iraq, Syria and Somalia.

Might this influx explain Sweden’s rape explosion?“It is difficult to give a precise answer, because Swedish law forbids registration based on people’s ancestry or religion.

One possible explanation is that, on average, people from the Middle East have a vastly different view of women and sex than Scandinavians have.

Quote from where? Where are the actual stats? Do you or do you not have stats proving that 2% of Muslim men are doing most of the rapes?

I don't care if you posted an article from an unknown source, if it does not produce stats from a reliable source it is worthless.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 72
Original post by WBZ144

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ze0sK8f48x4

Watch 3:50 There are also sources there. Basically Sweden and Norway have all the same broad definition of rape.
Here is something interesting. Rape in Norway 35 per 100,000 people; Rape in Sweden is 66 per 100,000 people. Ratio is 2:1

Here is also interesting propportionality. 2,5% population of Norway are muslims. While 5% of swedish populations is muslims. The ratio is again 2:1.
As you see the rape is going on proportionally with the number of muslims in the country.
Thank you, enlightened left wing.
Original post by slaven
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ze0sK8f48x4

Watch 3:50 There are also sources there. Basically Sweden and Norway have all the same broad definition of rape.
Here is something interesting. Rape in Norway 35 per 100,000 people; Rape in Sweden is 66 per 100,000 people. Ratio is 2:1

Here is also interesting propportionality. 2,5% population of Norway are muslims. While 5% of swedish populations is muslims. The ratio is again 2:1.
As you see the rape is going on proportionally with the number of muslims in the country.

What is the name of the legislation in Norway that gives rape a broad definition so that I can look it up? A YouTube video doesn't cut it, as anyone can make a YouTube video. In Sweden it's the Swedish Penal Code Chapter 6.

Stats are what prove that Muslims are committing the majority of rapes, not theories by a poster on an online forum based on the percentage of Muslims in these countries. If I can get the stats I will accept it, otherwise this is nothing more than hate-mongering.
(edited 7 years ago)
That won't work. It just won't. I think it's ultimately going to come down to one of two things:

1. Swedish women have to wear head/body coverings similar to what Muslim women wear, and avoid going out in public without a male family member, essentially giving into the cultural rules of Muslim immigrants hoping to avoid being raped.

2. The Swedish people decide not to stand for the situation any longer.

I'm hoping for the second option, but I fear that the first one may be what occurs.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by physicsphysics91
A Swedish police report released last month noted that the country had the worst rates of sexual violence against women in Europe. The report acknowledged migrants were responsible for the bulk of the problem but the police were accused of making excuses for the perpetrators.

The press release announced that police intend to equip young women with wristbands with the slogan “don’t touch me”. This will happen over the summer, at festivals and other events for young people. “By wearing these wristbands,” Sweden’s police chief said, “young women will be able to make a stand”.

It is unclear how effective the wristbands, which read “don’t touch me” in Swedish, will be in preventing attacks, as the majority of sex attack perpetrators are thought to be recent migrants who are unlikely to be able to read them.

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/06/30/wristbands-stop-sex-attacks/

Thoughts?

Omg please find a more balanced source than breitbart. What also tickles me is the crossover of people on this thread and another recent threat about women fearing the dark. In the latter, the importance of battling sexual assault was demeaned (men also face scariness etc etc), while in this thread so many people seem so compliant to help women. Talk about manipulating an important issue for your own end. I wonder, how would many of you react if there was an article about American women in colleges wearing wristbands about consent.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by SophiaNeuning
Omg please find a more balanced source than breitbart. What also tickles me is the crossover of people on this thread and another recent threat about women fearing the dark. In the latter, the importance of battling sexual assault was demeaned (men also face scariness etc etc), while in this thread so many people seem so compliant to help women. Talk about manipulating an important issue for your own end. I wonder, how would many of you react if there was an article about American women in colleges wearing wristbands about consent.

I've no idea what other thread you're referring to, but as regards comparing it to doing something similar on American campuses, there's a rather big difference. In the US, there is not a pervasive view that it's okay to sexually assault someone. Sure, there's the occasional case, and due to the power of the media and feminist lobbyists, they receive huge coverage and bring a lot of weight to bear on the legislators. But there's nothing to suggest that there is a 'rape culture' either on US campuses or amongst the wider demographic of America in general. So the idea of giving women in the US wristbands saying 'Don't Touch Me' would be laughable insofar as it's unnecessary.

On the other hand, there is a great deal to suggest that the migrants coming from the Middle East and North Africa hold abhorrent, deeply ingrained views towards women. You need only take a cursory glance at the lives of women, and their places, within these countries to see that. It is indisputable that the cultures these people are coming from support true oppression of women. Similarly, Sharia Law (which governs, to some degree, the legal practices in a lot of the Middle Eastern countries) validates some truly repugnant things where women are concerned. So I don't think it's unreasonable to say that there is a real issue with the way that these people view and act towards women. Hence, these wristbands are ludicrous as they are totally insufficient.
Reply 78
Original post by WBZ144
What is the name of the legislation in Norway that gives rape a broad definition so that I can look it up? A YouTube video doesn't cut it, as anyone can make a YouTube video. In Sweden it's the Swedish Penal Code Chapter 6.

Stats are what prove that Muslims are committing the majority of rapes, not theories by a poster on an online forum based on the percentage of Muslims in these countries. If I can get the stats I will accept it, otherwise this is nothing more than hate-mongering.

UK Rape Law
1-(1) A person (A) commits an offence if—
(a) he intentionally penetrates thevagina, anus or mouth of another person (B) with his penis
(b) B does not consent to thepenetration, and
(c) A does not reasonably believethat B consents.
(2) Whethera belief is reasonable is to be determined having regard to all thecircumstances, including any steps A has taken to ascertain whether B consents.(3) Sections 75 and 76 apply to an offence under this section.(4) A person guilty of an offence under this section is liable, on convictionon indictment, to imprisonment for life.
Norway Rape is defined bySection 192 of the Criminal Code which states:[166] Any person who a) engages in sexual activity by means of violence orthreats, or b) engages in sexual activity with any person who is unconscious orincapable for any other reason of resisting the act, or c) by means of violenceor threats compels any person to engage in sexual activity with another person,or to carry out similar acts with himself or herself, shall be guilty of rape(...)."
Swedish rape law
Chapter 6of the Swedish Penal Code (unofficial translation)
Section 1
Aperson who by assault or other violence or by threat of a criminal act forcesanother person to have sexual intercourse or to undertake or endure anothersexual act that, in view of the seriousness of the violation, is comparable tosexual intercourse, shall be sentenced for rape to imprisonmentfor at least two and at most six years.
Thisalso applies if a person engages with another person in sexual intercourse orin a sexual act which under the first paragraph is comparable to sexualintercourse by improperly exploiting that the person, due to unconsciousness,sleep, serious fear, intoxication or other drug influence, illness, physicalinjury or mental disturbance, or otherwise in view of the circumstances, is ina particularly vulnerable situation
All three rape laws are compared int he video I put. Youseem not bothered to watch. Note how the British definition of rape is easywhile the Swedish and Norweigan is broad.

Also, somebody already put the source here. 2% of Swedenspopulations are muslim male and make up 75% of all rapes in Sweden.
Original post by WBZ144
Quote from where? Where are the actual stats? Do you or do you not have stats proving that 2% of Muslim men are doing most of the rapes?

I don't care if you posted an article from an unknown source, if it does not produce stats from a reliable source it is worthless.

The quote is from the European agency of fundamental rights, linked up to an article by the Independent.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/sweden-and-denmark-have-highest-number-of-sexual-assaults-in-europe-a6800901.html

The article also linked us to the research done by Gatestone institute which called Sweden the rape capital of the west according to their findings and data so actually open the article I provide and read it before saying there aren't any stats.

It was the dramatic increase in immigration from Syria, Somalia and other muslim countries that made Sweden's rape rate go up by over 300%, how hard is that to understand?

Forty years after the Swedish parliament unanimously decided to change the formerly homogenous Sweden into a multicultural country, violent crime has increased by 300% and rapes by 1,472%. Sweden is now number two on the list of rape countries, surpassed only by Lesotho in Southern Africa.

http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/5195/sweden-rape#.Vo4rZG73Gxk.twitter
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending