The Student Room Group

Vote on the future of the Model European Union

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheDefiniteArticle
My mind has been changed by the lack of activity. I now don't see any real value in the MEU. Whether that means it should be closed depends on the costs its being open imposes.

Thank you for changing my mind - the last I understood, those who were interested in the MEU were being left to sort it out. I still strongly believe that archiving this place is the best move, but I think that for the moment, that is probably off the cards while we see if people will kickstart this.
Original post by toronto353
Thank you for changing my mind - the last I understood, those who were interested in the MEU were being left to sort it out. I still strongly believe that archiving this place is the best move, but I think that for the moment, that is probably off the cards while we see if people will kickstart this.

6 months says no

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jammy Duel
6 months says no

Posted from TSR Mobile

You try telling CT that....
You try telling CT that....

Well, I think the last 2 weeks are obvious, and if the CT can't see that, then they need to look at what's happening in their forums more... People've had 2 weeks to even start doing things since this vote, and nada...
Original post by mobbsy91
Well, I think the last 2 weeks are obvious, and if the CT can't see that, then they need to look at what's happening in their forums more... People've had 2 weeks to even start doing things since this vote, and nada...

I'll contact QC again on Monday to speak about next steps, but I don't think that CT check this neck of the woods that often, though writing it, it seems like I'm pointing out the obvious.
In light of the Brexit, I don't think the MEU project will now succeed.
Original post by Quamquam123

I agree, withdrawing from the EU means that this becomes even more of a project detached from RL and, as we know with the MUN, that doesn't attract members.
Original post by Quamquam123

Haha, yeh... as well as how apparent it is that people can't be bothered to actually try and make this work...
Given that literally nothing has happened in this sub in the last 2 months, and it's clear no one really cares about it, can we not just get rid of the newer MEU threads/sub-forums, and turn the sub-forum into an MUN archive...?
Given that literally nothing has happened in this sub in the last 2 months, and it's clear no one really cares about it, can we not just get rid of the newer MEU threads/sub-forums, and turn the sub-forum into an MUN archive...?

I would certainly say that this is the best course of action!
1. End to free movement
2. Never political union, the British people and government are sovereign.

I have contacted QC about this issue in the past and have been advised that those who previously advocated that the MEU continue now need to contact her to confirm that they are no longer interested in this project so that she can make the necessary arrangements to archive the forum etc.
I have contacted QC about this issue in the past and have been advised that those who previously advocated that the MEU continue now need to contact her to confirm that they are no longer interested in this project so that she can make the necessary arrangements to archive the forum etc.

assuming if they dont contact her in a good amount of time, then its clear about what they dont care about... woooow. let's hope qc can give further insight into this ridiculous thinking.
assuming if they dont contact her in a good amount of time, then its clear about what they dont care about... woooow. let's hope qc can give further insight into this ridiculous thinking.

:colonhash:

If no one objects in here I will shut it down- I like to go by what the community wants rather than take action without hearing from as people as possible, my username may say 'Queen' but you guys are really in charge :adore:

:biggrin:
I'm fine for you to shut it down, obviously nothing's going to happen.
As QQ Said in the light of Brexit this place will be dead in the water as it were .... It wasn't going to succeed anyway so
Original post by hazzer1998
As QQ Said in the light of Brexit this place will be dead in the water as it were .... It wasn't going to succeed anyway so

I would think it more likely to succeed after the vote given all the remoaners who can't let go

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jammy Duel
I would think it more likely to succeed after the vote given all the remoaners who can't let go

Posted from TSR Mobile

That may be true ... After all this time the remoaners still have'nt piped down .. I Mean a few days ago Soubry was still moaning about it in parliament

Does it still even need to show? I can just close and hide it.
Original post by Queen Cersei
Does it still even need to show? I can just close and hide it.

Well, was thinking so that we can still view the old MUN threads...?

Quick Reply