The Student Room Group

How much impact did / will your AS grades have on your uni offers?

Wondering how unis will view the AS grades we get this year, as the new courses (most) are linear, so what we get this time round doesn't actually count.

I don't think I did too well in my recent exams; but my predicted grades are fairly positive??
For me my interview managed to pull me through fairly well, lots of universities will give you offers if you are a grade off or something like that as long as the rest of your application is up to their standard.

However a friend of mine got declined from three of his 5 unis because his AS grades where too bad, so they definitely do have an impact.
Ahahah hey again study queen :') I have done my ASs this time :wink:
Reply 3
Original post by Cascadess
For me my interview managed to pull me through fairly well, lots of universities will give you offers if you are a grade off or something like that as long as the rest of your application is up to their standard.

However a friend of mine got declined from three of his 5 unis because his AS grades where too bad, so they definitely do have an impact.

What uni did you get into / go to, I don't know many other than Oxbridge that do interviews (aside from medicine or veterinary courses from other unis)

Haha, no pressure then... :biggrin:
Reply 4
Original post by Cascadess
Ahahah hey again study queen :':wink: I have done my ASs this time :wink:

Whaddup 'Cascadess', and nice to know that you've done your ass, bit tmi for the internet though :wink:
Original post by StudyQueen
What uni did you get into / go to, I don't know many other than Oxbridge that do interviews (aside from medicine or veterinary courses from other unis)

Haha, no pressure then... :biggrin:

Lots of universities do put on interviews. Not all of them, but a few more than just Oxbridge. I got an offer from York University, they where asking AAB, at AS I was predicted BBB despite getting BDD at AS, and york actually lowered my offer to ABB to make it easier for me because they liked me :smile:

Original post by StudyQueen
Whaddup 'Cascadess', and nice to know that you've done your ass, bit tmi for the internet though :wink:

Well if yah got it, may as well flaunt it :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest