The Student Room Group

Help with GCSE OCR computing A453??? PLEASE

It isn't the actual code that i need help with, but i don't understand task 2!

I've identified the keywords but i don't know what i'm supposed to do after.It says that i need to provide solutions from a selection stored in a text file.
Do i need to read files only or write them and then read it. Please someone explain this!
Thankyou
Depends what the question or criteria was.

Can't remember exactly what task 2 was for me, changes with each scenario obviously but If it is the same then here.

I think I remember that it just needs to be write - I have my code saved somewhere.

More info and I can help.
Reply 2
Original post by Cicada3301
Depends what the question or criteria was.

Can't remember exactly what task 2 was for me, changes with each scenario obviously but If it is the same then here.

I think I remember that it just needs to be write - I have my code saved somewhere.

More info and I can help.

Thanks for replying and yh all of our tasks were based on creating a trouble shooting system for phones .
As i said before, what do we need yo do for task 2 like in terms of reading/writing
Reply 3
bump
Reply 4
bro if ur doing the same CA as me i can help u out, what was ur task 1?, was it a sentence then the user inpuyts a word and the positions of the wordx are out putted?
Reply 5
Original post by nj1234
bro if ur doing the same CA as me i can help u out, what was ur task 1?, was it a sentence then the user inpuyts a word and the positions of the wordx are out putted?

Task one was to provide a solution to user's problems with their mobile phone. Task 2 was to identify keywords and task 3 is to read from text files...
Reply 6
lol i'm doing the exactly same stuff as you, you need to put your solutions in a text file and read the solution from the text file on to your code when the user inputs the correct keywords
Reply 7
Original post by Amir12
lol i'm doing the exactly same stuff as you, you need to put your solutions in a text file and read the solution from the text file on to your code when the user inputs the correct keywords

Thank you so much for replying. yeah that's what i did
At least now i know that i'm on the right track.:smile:

Btw You don't need to write anything right? And how many text files did you create? Because i created a text file for each issue and read it so i have around 10 separate files.

Also, Have you done task 3 yet? I'm finding this the hardest. Like connecting all the issues and the codes. If you don't mind, Can you briefly explain task 3 to me please?
Reply 8
Original post by bluepearl7
Thank you so much for replying. yeah that's what i did
At least now i know that i'm on the right track.:smile:

Btw You don't need to write anything right? And how many text files did you create? Because i created a text file for each issue and read it so i have around 10 separate files.

Also, Have you done task 3 yet? I'm finding this the hardest. Like connecting all the issues and the codes. If you don't mind, Can you briefly explain task 3 to me please?

To get a higher mark all your solution/issue needs to be in one text file not on a separate text file.
yah i''ve nearly done the task 3 code its not as challenging as task 2 as for task 3 you pretty much have to combine what you learnt from task 1 and task 2.
Pretty much i copied all my code from task 1 and pasted it task 3 textfile and i wrote a little code which prints the all the questions from textfile
Reply 9
Original post by Amir12
To get a higher mark all your solution/issue needs to be in one text file not on a separate text file.
yah i''ve nearly done the task 3 code its not as challenging as task 2 as for task 3 you pretty much have to combine what you learnt from task 1 and task 2.
Pretty much i copied all my code from task 1 and pasted it task 3 textfile and i wrote a little code which prints the all the questions from textfile

oh ok , i'll go back and make my code more efficient then. I'm just finding it difficult to link everything together for task 3 . And wait how come you put your question in the text file too because i only put the issue/solution and read from it after finding out what's wrong with the user's phone,

Anyways, Hopefully, i can figure it out. Thanks!
Reply 10
oh ok , i'll go back and make my code more efficient then. I'm just finding it difficult to link everything together for task 3 . And wait how come you put your question in the text file too because i only put the issue/solution and read from it after finding out what's wrong with the user's phone,

Anyways, Hopefully, i can figure it out. Thanks!

For task 3 you have to put your questions in the text file as well as issue/solutions and read from it.Thanks! :smile: if you want more help then just message me:smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
So in short could you summarise what you have to do for task 3 please?
Original post by Amir12
For task 3 you have to put your questions in the text file as well as issue/solutions and read from it.Thanks! :smile: if you want more help then just message me:smile:
Could you summarise what you have to do for task 3 please?
gplease could you help me on task 3 with code im doing the same controlls assessment please help my email it ********
Original post by CA help!!
Could you summarise what you have to do for task 3 please?
bump
Reply 15
Original post by nj1234

I'm doing that task I need a lot of help for all tasks. HELP ME PLEASE
Reply 16
Original post by Help000
I'm doing that task I need a lot of help for all tasks. HELP ME PLEASE

If that's Material 1 (the whole sentence output thing), I can help you out. Just submitted my coursework for it and the codes for Task 1, Task 2, and Task 3 all work - albeit Task 3 is quite lengthy. But hey, that means you have more to talk about in Evaluation lol
Reply 17
Task one was to provide a solution to user's problems with their mobile phone. Task 2 was to identify keywords and task 3 is to read from text files...

Im doing this controlled assessment, did you manage to do it if so can i have some help please? due in next week!
Original post by coyg24
Im doing this controlled assessment, did you manage to do it if so can i have some help please? due in next week!

sure, Ill try to help cos im doing the same too. Can u help me too cos i got all the technical stuff like the coding and stuff but not the wordy stuff like the analysis.
Reply 19
yeah ill try! im not great at it though :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest