The Student Room Group

If opposites attract,

How come there are more black or white couples than mixed race?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Vote Gove btw
Man said vote Gove.
Actually no.
People are more likely to get into relationships if they have similarities rather than dissimilarities.
Just don't apply ideas of physics into social stuff.

Spoiler

Original post by loveleest
Actually no.
People are more likely to get into relationships if they have similarities rather than dissimilarities.

Depends really.
Original post by Blue_Mason
Depends really.

depends on what?
People are more likely to be in relationships with people they have more similarities with than dissimilarities. It is a fact.

Why would you want to be in a relationship with someone that is the complete opposite to you?
Reply 8
Original post by saraxh

Spoiler

I like Chinese food and personalities and culture.
Reply 9
depends on what?
People are more likely to be in relationships with people they have more similarities with than dissimilarities. It is a fact.

Why would you want to be in a relationship with someone that is the complete opposite to you?

I am a man but prefer relationships with women.
Is a man with a vagina a woman. What makes a female.
Original post by Melancholy

But that's not what they mean by "opposite attracts":facepalm:
Reply 12

Why not?
Original post by kkboyk
Why not?

It would really difficult when it comes to compromising things.

Does that mean homosexuals are:
a) under high pressure?
b) very hot?

Spoiler

Reply 15
How come there are more black or white couples than mixed race?

Opposites do not attract
depends on what?

To fill a skills gap
depends on what?

The thing is she can have a different in music as an example, she can disagree with me on certain things and it adds excitement, and you can learn from that person.
Being with a person who has a lot of similarities can get boring and predictable.
Original post by Blue_Mason
The thing is she can have a different in music as an example, she can disagree with me on certain things and it adds excitement, and you can learn from that person.
Being with a person who has a lot of similarities can get boring and predictable.

Yes I know, I am not saying your partner has to agree with you on everything. That would be highly unlikely anyway.
But you mostly attract people who share the same similarities with you. e.g- Intelligent people with intelligent people, shy people with shy people, confident with confident people, loud people with loud, creative people with creative people and so on and so forth.
Yes I know, I am not saying your partner has to agree with you on everything. That would be highly unlikely anyway.
But you mostly attract people who share the same similarities with you. e.g- Intelligent people with intelligent people, shy people with shy people, confident with confident people, loud people with loud, creative people with creative people and so on and so forth.

Again it depends on the individual, and what you have listed varies.
You could be a shy person, but be able to do public speaking, or you could look intelligent on paper but be really laid back in person.
What you listed can help bring people together, but that is the thing about love

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending