The Student Room Group

Most tolerant countries

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Multiculturalism
LOL the EU referendum shows that Brits are prone to radical Nationalism.

Britain is a very tolerant country. I don't think the referendum shows otherwise. Sure the racists would prob of voted leave but many decent people did to.

The eu referendum shows that 48% are intolerant to others opinions.

The referendum shows nothing particular- there are plenty of reasons behind this result.

I can't imagine British people being prone to radical nationalism. I think that you should read some books written by early XXth century nationalists, or even better, treaties against toleration from XVIth and XVIIth century. Or just study John Locke's works- he refers to this kind of thinking very often. I read quite a lot about this, and forgive, me, but I believe that lots of Middle Easterners and Africans are exactly people from different era.

Well, here you have some fine example
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpvgEHzh6js

You can't compare British people to that kind o people. Even the most radical Brits, I bet that they are against killing anybody for opinions, which places them hundreds of years ahead from eg. John Calvin and this Turks.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 143
The one where you're from. 😋
None
Original post by joecphillips
The eu referendum shows that 48% are intolerant to others opinions.

52%, actually.
52%, actually.

It seems like the 48% are the ones out on the street demanding that the government ignore the majority who disagree with them, that seems tolerant.

It also isn't the 52% who have demanded that the poor and old don't get to vote.
Reply 147
Original post by joecphillips
All 3 of them places arrest people for saying their thoughts when they disagree with with certain groups seems tolerant.

Yea they have no real free speech. Really, I think America is the most free western country. It is easy to seem tolerant when you get arrested for not being so. America allows people to be themselves, whether that's tolerant or not. I think that makes them better than us. If I were a gay, I'd rather people just told me what they thought of me - instead of faking niceness because of 'hate' speech laws. A case in point, if you get my 'liberal' workmates drunk a bit - it's not too long before words like 'fаgs' start getting tossed around left right and center. So really it's all a veil. If we had free speech like in America it would be better.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by cipi
Yea they have no real free speech. Really, I think America is the most free western country. It is easy to seem tolerant when you get arrested for not being so. America allows people to be themselves, whether that's tolerant or not. I think that makes them better than us. If I were a gay, I'd rather people just told me what they thought of me - instead of faking niceness because of 'hate' speech laws. A case in point, if you get my 'liberal' workmates drunk a bit - it's not too long before words like 'fаgs' start getting tossed around left right and center. So really it's all a veil. If we had free speech like in America it would be better.

In America they will sue you for anything you say :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending