The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by Edminzodo
Oh, my insurance kept sending me emails to apply for accommodation but I'm not sure if they differentiate.

And ugh, that's awful! I get my results at 7, thank goodness. Will you be able to check on the way to school?

They probably do. And that's really good I guess. Most don't want to differentiate between insurance and clearing/advancement I guess.

7?! I'd hate that :s-smilie: I'd rather see my track first and then get results so either I've already had my mini-panic before results or I go in knowing whatever the results they don't matter so I won't be too disappointed.

I'll have 5 minutes from when track is meant to update until I need to go to school so it just means if I don't get in I'll be mid-panic when I collect my results.
I actually had a good dream about Results Day last night - I got in :s-smilie:
Are you AS or A2?
AS
What subjects are you taking?
Maths, Further Maths, Physics & Chemistry
To which university are you hoping to go?
I have no idea. A good one :smile:
To study which subject?
Love physics, chemistry & maths. I keep switching.
What grades are required for your desired degree?
Probably around AAA
What grades are you predicted?
AAAB (in FM)
How did your exams go?
Meh. Could have done a lot better.:frown:
AAAA hopefully!
How are you feeling about results day?
Anxious about my physics grade - hopefully I am just exaggerating about how badly my paper 2 went.
Will be checking the grade boundaries as soon as they come out.
Debating whether I should go out and get pissed the night before results day so I can calm myself down a bit.

But if I end up with bad news or in clearing, the last thing I want to have is a hangover.

Decisions, decisions.
Original post by Edminzodo
ABB for both of mine, but my firm is more lenient. I haven't even applied for accommodation or anything at my insurance!

Mine both want AAA lol but I'm hoping one is lenient ( wishful thinking ) and oh gosh I would be stressing if I were you but if your uni is known to be lenient then should be alright
Original post by Dominae
Debating whether I should go out and get pissed the night before results day so I can calm myself down a bit.

But if I end up with bad news or in clearing, the last thing I want to have is a hangover.

Decisions, decisions.

Ermm maybe just have a few drinks but don't inteitonslly get smashed lol
Original post by fefssdf
Ermm maybe just have a few drinks but don't inteitonslly get smashed lol

It's go hard or go home for me man.
Original post by Dominae
It's go hard or go home for me man.

Just wait till results day and then get drunk either way...
Are you AS or A2?
AS
Biology, Chemistry, Maths, D&T
Oxford/Imperial
To study which subject?
Unsure. Between Medicine, Maths and Chemistry.
>A*AA
AAAA
How did your exams go?
Nowhere near as well as I wanted them to go. I didn't work hard until the start of May so it was an intense 2 months of cramming. I think I've gotten AAAA (ill regret saying that) except Maths went weird and I think it will be borderline A/B.
Excited but worried about living up to my hopes and expectations.
Reply 389
Are you AS or A2?
AS
Psychology, Business Studies, English Language
Exeter, Sussex, Glasgow - but Exeter is my goal
To study what?
Psychology and Economics
A*AB - ABB
AAB
How did your exams go?
Psych went really well
Business was ehh
English bloody awful
Feeling awful about it - really worried about business and english absolutely bricking it
(edited 7 years ago)

Are you As or A2: AS.

What subjects are you taking? Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Maths and Further Maths.

To which university are you hoping to go? between oxford or Cambridge still don't know which one.

To study what subject: Pure Maths

What grades are required for your desired degree? A*A*A

What grades are you predicted? my AS predicted are AAAAB (B in biology)

How did your exams go? Pretty sure I got all A's apart from biology maybe only got a B *worried*

How are you feeling about results day? only worried about biology a B will look bad for uni applications

Hey i would really appreciate feedback from everyone on TSR about the following issue:

For the October/November exam timetable i have noticed that CIE have placed several exams applying to all levels over very religious Jewish holidays. I would like to find out if anyone else has been affected by these exams as CIE dont seem bothered to help out with this issue. i would really appreciate if i could get assistance on this matter as i feel as though have been left alone to deal with an issue which i am sure others are also facing.

I look forward to your responses

Laila

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 392
Original post by lailapianai
Hey i would really appreciate feedback from everyone on TSR about the following issue:

For the October/November exam timetable i have noticed that CIE have placed several exams applying to all levels over very religious Jewish holidays. I would like to find out if anyone else has been affected by these exams as CIE dont seem bothered to help out with this issue. i would really appreciate if i could get assistance on this matter as i feel as though have been left alone to deal with an issue which i am sure others are also facing.

I look forward to your responses

Laila

Posted from TSR Mobile

Laila, in my opinion, religious holidays/festivals shouldn't get a special status when it comes to exams. If Fred can't get his exam moved because of his uncle's birthday, or Katie isn't granted mitigating circumstances for a family barbecue, then I'm afraid Jewish holidays are no different.

I would try and work around the religious holidays. Imagine if people saw an issue with exams around scientifically - rather than religiously - important events, such as the transit of Venus, a monarch butterfly migration or a solar eclipse. It just doesn't cut it I'm afraid.

I would be genuinely interested to see what others think about this. Good luck with your exams.
AS or A2:
A2
Subjects:
Maths, biology, chemistry, and physics
AS grades:
ABBB
Prediction:
AAAB
Expecting: AABB
University and course:
Sheffield University and biomedical science, I need ABB so I'm fairly confident I'll get in, I'm just not sure I'll be happy with my results regardless.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is anyone going to be able to get the mark schemes ??

Posted from TSR Mobile
To be honest, I'm not really dreading it anymore
If I get in, great, if not then I'll have to take a gap year which would be great after 13 years of education and it's not exactly the end of the world :smile:
Neither am I :smile: I really hope you get in, I've still got a year left :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bubbles26
Is anyone going to be able to get the mark schemes ??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Unless you go through the unofficial ones on here, not until next May I'm afraid :sadnod:
Are you AS or A2? A2
What subjects are you taking? Maths, Further Maths, Physics
To which university are you hoping to go? Imperial
To study which subject? MEng Electronic and Information Engineering
If applicable, what were your AS grades? AAAA (Dropped Chemistry)
What grades are required for your desired degree? A*AA, A* in Maths
What grades are*you predicted? A*A*A* How did your exams go? They were okay, but did below my expectation on a few, especially AQA C3, could make me end up going to my insurance :no:
How are you feeling about results day? Actually terrified now that my exams are over, the bloody wait is what's making me die.
Anything else to add? Going to commit day before if grade boundaries are high for C3.. Although I do really like my insurance choice, Southampton.
Original post by MahuduElec
Are you AS or A2? A2
What subjects are you taking? Maths, Further Maths, Physics
To which university are you hoping to go? Imperial
To study which subject? MEng Electronic and Information Engineering
If applicable, what were your AS grades? AAAA (Dropped Chemistry)
What grades are required for your desired degree? A*AA, A* in Maths
What grades are*you predicted? A*A*A* How did your exams go? They were okay, but did below my expectation on a few, especially AQA C3, could make me end up going to my insurance :no:
How are you feeling about results day? Actually terrified now that my exams are over, the bloody wait is what's making me die.
Anything else to add? Going to commit day before if grade boundaries are high for C3.. Although I do really like my insurance choice, Southampton.

Basically exactly how I feel. Okay generally, but worried about a couple of exams and really don't want to end up at my insurance.

Terrifying innit. I thought AS was bad...A2 is another level.

Quick Reply

Latest