The Student Room Group

is 5' 9" too short

I'm a guy, 5ft 9inches. Is that too short for girls?

most of my guy friends are over 6ft, so i'm wondering if i'd be called "short" or not.
Reply 1
lol no
Depends on how tall the girl is and if they think height affects whether they'd consider dating you or not. Personally, I think that's a good height so I don't feel you should worry about it being too short.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
I'm a girl and I am about your height.
I don't think that you are too short at all; the main thing that matters is who you are inside.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm 5'7 haha, as long as your posture's good it shouldn't matter. If you're thinner you'll look taller too. Don't expect to date anyone 5'11"+ though obviously. Girls just like guys that are taller than them or same height but how you act matters. I've seen small guys with tall girls quite a lot recently.
Taller than me so don't complain :noway:
Nope. It's that the average (UK)?
A lot don't care at all, a further bunch don't care so long as you're taller than them, and those that want specific numbers probably won't know any better if you lie about the figure, so long as there's nobody in the immediate vicinity for her to compare you to.

Don't fret.
Reply 8
K well if someone doesn't wanna date/bang you cause of your height then they prob. ain't worth it

N no 5' 9 is not that short.
nope. Girls aren't going to be trotting around with tape measures
Original post by Anonymous
I'm a guy, 5ft 9inches. Is that too short for girls?

most of my guy friends are over 6ft, so i'm wondering if i'd be called "short" or not.

I'm 5F11 GIRL AM I TOO TALL IN UR OPINION OP?

Spoiler

Original post by ?Hannah
I'm a girl and I am about your height.
I don't think that you are too short at all; the main thing that matters is who you are inside.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good one.
Well, thanks people :smile:
Original post by PrincessBO$$
I'm 5F11 GIRL AM I TOO TALL IN UR OPINION OP?

Spoiler

no way are you too TALL :biggrin: (although those capital letters are quite frightening)
Original post by Anonymous
Well, thanks people :smile:no way are you too TALL :biggrin: (although those capital letters are quite frightening)

Thanks a lot of my guy friends say Im crazy tall perhaps cause most of them dont surpass 5ft 9 :biggrin:
I'm sure that 5 foot 9 is no longer the average height for a male in the UK. Most males I see around are 5'11''-6'0''.
Original post by SCIENCE :D
I'm sure that 5 foot 9 is no longer the average height for a male in the UK. Most males I see around are 5'11''-6'0''.

The tallest class of people, namely men aged 25-34, are on average 5'10''. 5'9'' is the male average which includes old people and guys in their teens (18, 19) who might still have time to grow.
Sure, there are girls with height requirements but at 5'9, you won't really have a problem
Besides, I doubt the average 5 ft 4 girl could tell the difference between 5'9 and 5'11 anyways
(edited 7 years ago)
Nope, not at all. Yours is enough though. Don't worry.
Reply 18
Nope not too short! Perfect height for moi :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending