The Student Room Group

Can it be forgiven?

Will she eventually forgive me?

I lied to a girl and she got proper mad, no't that I missed our appointment but that I lied. And it was her birthday on top of that. So she was furious, and blocked my number.

Can you forgive someone who lied to you?

Or is a lie unforgivable?

Scroll to see replies

Yes, if she cares about you enough and her feelings for you are strong enough then she can.
Lies are very bad.
This is so frustrating because I told you earlier you would upset her by lying and you said you would tell the truth. The only thing you can do now is hope she knows you're sorry and leave it up to her. If you try too hard now she'll think you're creepy and it sounds like she's made it pretty clear by blocking your number that she doesn't want you to talk to her.
I did tell you not to lie:facepalm:
If you followed my advice then she wouldn't have been angry.
I wouldn't forgive you. How does she know you won't do it again?
Yes she can forgive you, but it is her choice. You lied and she is unlikely to forget as that reflects on your character. Cant be trusted.
Reply 7
Original post by Kryptonian
Lies are very bad.

Wait a minute... didn't you just advise me on my other thread that the truth was a "bad idea"?:colonhash:
Reply 8
Original post by chelseadagg3r
This is so frustrating because I told you earlier you would upset her by lying and you said you would tell the truth. The only thing you can do now is hope she knows you're sorry and leave it up to her. If you try too hard now she'll think you're creepy and it sounds like she's made it pretty clear by blocking your number that she doesn't want you to talk to her.

I know, you were right, but she sounded upset that I was late and I hesitated on the phone.

But it didn't work, she found out from my friend the truth, and ended up in tears with me as I kept denying the truth. It was her birthday and she was excited so as well.

Oh god, this just depresses me just typing this.

I don't know what to do!!!!!
Reply 9
Original post by loveleest
I did tell you not to lie:facepalm:
If you followed my advice then she wouldn't have been angry.

I agreed with your post. And my intentions was to tell the truth, but she sounded upset that I was late and I hesitated on the phone what if she never forgives me forgetting her birthday.

But it didn't work, she found out from my friend the truth, and ended up in tears with me as I kept denying the truth. It was her birthday and she was so excited as well.

Oh god, this is just hurting me just typing this. I know I was in the wrong.But I didn't want to hurt her further. What do I do???
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Man's wavey

I lied to a girl and she got proper mad, no't that I missed our appointment but that I lied. And it was her birthday on top of that. So she was furious, and blocked my number.

Having just looked over your previous thread quickly, I would say that it was wrong to lie and in hindsight you can probably see this so there's no good now wishing that you had told the truth. What you did was bad, but not unforgivable and you had good intentions; you wanted to spare her feelings - it's not as though you were too lazy to go and intentionally ditched her. I think that in time she will see that and forgive you. However, this might call for some breathing space, and perhaps something goofy like a sorry card to make the peace.
I agreed with your post. And my intentions was to tell the truth, but she sounded upset that I was late and I hesitated on the phone what if she never forgives me forgetting her birthday.

But it didn't work, she found out from my friend the truth, and ended up in tears with me as I kept denying the truth. It was her birthday and she was so excited as well.

Oh god, this is just hurting me just typing this. I know I was in the wrong.But I didn't want to hurt her further. What do I do???

Oh...her birthday. I didn't know that. Birthday is a different story, I thought it was a casual meet up.
I don't know if she will ever forgive you, I have no idea how she is like lol. Sorry, but this is all up to you. I felt like if you didn't lie then she wouldn't have been angry:dontknow:
Original post by loveleest
Oh...her birthday. I didn't know that. Birthday is a different story, I thought it was a casual meet up.
I don't know if she will ever forgive you, I have no idea how she is like lol. Sorry, but this is all up to you. I felt like if you didn't lie then she wouldn't have been angry:dontknow:

She is a really sensitive girl.

:sigh: This hurts.

I don't even know what to do myself.

I am lost. I hurt her on her birthday.

Oh god. This hurts. You have no idea!!!!
She is a really sensitive girl.

:sigh: This hurts.

I don't even know what to do myself.

I am lost. I hurt her on her birthday.

Oh god. This hurts. You have no idea!!!!

I don't know what to say, like I said, if you followed my advice then you wouldn't have gone through this. Now this is a problem you have to deal with on your own.
You can either keep apologising to her and hope for the best. But she is not entitled to forgive you
Original post by Tiger Rag
I wouldn't forgive you. How does she know you won't do it again?

I won't!!!

She is a very sensitive girl, and sounded upset that I forget her birthday.So I hesitated and didn't want to hurt her further.

But my friend told her everything, she questioned me but I kept denying it, and she ended in tears with me on her birthday. She was really hurt.

And now I am hurt just typing this, because I don't know what to do?
Wait a minute... didn't you just advise me on my other thread that the truth was a "bad idea"?:colonhash:

It doesn't make it right but sometimes a 'white lie' has to be said. how did she know you were lying?? You must have made a bad excuse and made it obvious i think. Now you need to apologise i think and explain why you lied. Hopefully then she will forgive you. Say you only lied because you didn't want to hurt her feelings and that u care about her, you know what i mean. You lied so she wouldnt get upset and maybe say you made a mistake then apologise and say it would never happen again... If she realises you had good intentions you may be forgiven?
(edited 7 years ago)
All you can do is apologise and tell her that you do care about her and hope for the best. But I would prepare for the fact she probably won't talk to you again.
Reply 17

It depends what the lie was and if it was her birthday too, your gonna have to show her that your sorry. I suggest send her flowers and a card anonymously with a sorry card
OP how old are you?

Why not just go in person and apologise? Admit you were wrong to lie and telling more lies made it worse. Buy her a bunch of flowers to say sorry and leave the note in the card if she wont talk to you.

Stuff happens. You are making it more dramatic than it needs to be.
Original post by 999tigger
OP how old are you?

Why not just go in person and apologise? Admit you were wrong to lie and telling more lies made it worse. Buy her a bunch of flowers to say sorry and leave the note in the card if she wont talk to you.

Stuff happens. You are making it more dramatic than it needs to be.

Yeah I guess I could just go visit her, but her blocking my number on her birthday and ending up in tears, doesn't make it much of a positive prospect me popping over with some flowers. She could dash them in my face. And slam the door in my face.

But yeah you're probably right, I'll give it a try.

She might actually forgive me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending