The Student Room Group

Relating hobbies to psychology for personal statement?

Hi,

How would you relate hobbies to the subject?

I am a very creative person so my hobbies include:

Drawing
Learning the ukulele
Dance
and then badminton as a sport I enjoy

I was thinking something along the lines of relating it to the brain but when I try to put the sentence together it sounds too pretentious... like I'm trying too hard to link them.

Help please?
Dont bother trying - hobbies don't need to be related. Focus on extra reading for talking about psychology and your interest in it
Not everything you write has to relate to the subject. When you're talking about your interests the main goal is to show that you're an interesting, well rounded person who would do well adapting to uni life. Don't try to force a link where there just isn't one.
Don't
Original post by *Interrobang*
Dont bother trying - hobbies don't need to be related. Focus on extra reading for talking about psychology and your interest in it

Original post by dean01234
Not everything you write has to relate to the subject. When you're talking about your interests the main goal is to show that you're an interesting, well rounded person who would do well adapting to uni life. Don't try to force a link where there just isn't one.

Original post by A-LJLB
Don't

Alright, thanks all :smile:
Original post by EnchantedRose
Alright, thanks all :smile:

If you need help at all, just message me, I completed my statement for Psychology last year and got offers from Russel Group universities, with my college saying my statement was exceptionally strong :smile:
Original post by A-LJLB
If you need help at all, just message me, I completed my statement for Psychology last year and got offers from Russel Group universities, with my college saying my statement was exceptionally strong :smile:

Thanks so much! :biggrin: I probably will need help so that's really nice of you!
Reply 7
Hobbies just show you have a life outside studying... literally just write something like ' besides studying i enjoy blah blah blah' like 2 sentences max.
Thanks so much! :biggrin: I probably will need help so that's really nice of you!

You shouldnt ask for or accept help like that from someone you dont know over the internet. Plagiarism is very real and you cant control what happens to your PS after you send it to someone
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by fefssdf
Hobbies just show you have a life outside studying... literally just write something like ' besides studying i enjoy blah blah blah' like 2 sentences max.

Okay I'll do that, thanks for the advice!
Original post by *Interrobang*
You shouldnt ask for or accept help like that from someone you dont know over the internet. Plagiarism is very real and you cant control what happens to your PS after you send it to someone

Yeah I understand that :smile: I'll never really send my personal statement out, just the general questions etc. from someone who has already been through this to help me
I didn't really put about hobbies in mine, it was more just about books I'd read and documentaries I'd watched relating to psychology :smile:

No problem sweet! :h:
Yeah I understand that :smile: I'll never really send my personal statement out, just the general questions etc. from someone who has already been through this to help me

OK good! You'd be surprised how many people do... However, this forum (where your thread has been moved to) has exactly that purpose - to ask general questions, so you don't need to use PMs at all for that
Reply 14
Original post by A-LJLB

hey could i see this please
Hi! Could you please send it to me??
I need help in this regard too please.
Pleassee help me too guys

Original post by Rtinde
hey could i see this please
Original post by Itsmeafish
Pleassee help me too guys

6 year old thread...

You don't need to link hobbies to psychology. Also, it is either too early or too late to work on personal statements...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending