The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SeanFM
Seriously, make the most of your summer :tongue:

says the uni student on TSR like 24/7 ... I'm going on holiday but not till august so i will enjoy myself then
Original post by fefssdf
says the uni student on TSR like 24/7 ... I'm going on holiday but not till august so i will enjoy myself then

:fyi: I've been on two holidays already in my month-long summer holiday and I may be going off again next month if I can get 3 days off of work. :hide:
Original post by SeanFM
:fyi: I've been on two holidays already in my month-long summer holiday and I may be going off again next month if I can get 3 days off of work. :hide:

damn - if only my parents weren't so poor haha - I'm interested now sean, where did you go on holiday ?
Original post by SeanFM
Seriously, make the most of your summer :tongue:

Easier said than done...
Original post by Nirgilis
Easier said than done...

I don't disagree :tongue:
Original post by fefssdf
damn - if only my parents weren't so poor haha - I'm interested now sean, where did you go on holiday ?

My parents aren't that well off either, though what I've said may give the opposite impression :tongue:

I went to France to see the opening Ireland game in the euros and see a bit of Paris.

Then this week I went to Ireland itself to see some family, before going up to Belfast (nightmare of a story, but hilarous, and sadly too long to retell) and watching my local Irish team's opening europa league game. And if they get through this round then they're off to Sweden in a few weeks time for round two.
Original post by SeanFM
My parents aren't that well off either, though what I've said may give the opposite impression :tongue:

I went to France to see the opening Ireland game in the euros and see a bit of Paris.

Then this week I went to Ireland itself to see some family, before going up to Belfast (nightmare of a story, but hilarous, and sadly too long to retell) and watching my local Irish team's opening europa league game. And if they get through this round then they're off to Sweden in a few weeks time for round two.

damnnn im so jealous ... i love travelling but i just never get the chance to go anywhere - I've been to new york but that was a sixth form trip but other than that i haven't really seen the world other than going to france/ belgium on random day trips and i have seen the eiffel tower lol and the mona lisa ... i really want to go to sweeden ... what you doing there just like sight seeing stuff
Original post by fefssdf
damnnn im so jealous ... i love travelling but i just never get the chance to go anywhere - I've been to new york but that was a sixth form trip but other than that i haven't really seen the world other than going to france/ belgium on random day trips and i have seen the eiffel tower lol and the mona lisa ... i really want to go to sweeden ... what you doing there just like sight seeing stuff

Aw. I s'pose if you end up having a gap year (though it seems like you want to go to uni this year now, I'm not sure?) and you try really hard to get a job, you could save up and go for a weekend away somewhere in Europe? :tongue:

Yeah, sight seeing, the football match and that's about it.
Original post by SeanFM
Aw. I s'pose if you end up having a gap year (though it seems like you want to go to uni this year now, I'm not sure?) and you try really hard to get a job, you could save up and go for a weekend away somewhere in Europe? :tongue:

Yeah, sight seeing, the football match and that's about it.

i don't know - i've really enjoyed working recently in my local supermarket and so a gap year doesn't sound that bad - if i don't get my offers then I'm just gonna take the year off i think and i was planning on doing camp america where you basically go act like some 10 year old for 6 weeks or so and get to join in with the activities and they pay you as well... seems like a good way to travel and have fun ...\
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by fefssdf
i don't know - i've really enjoyed working recently in my local supermarket and so a gap year doesn't sound that bad - if i don't get my offers then I'm just gonna take the year off i think and i was planning on doing camp america where you basically go act like some 10 year old for 6 weeks or so and get to join in with the activities and they pay you as well... seems like a good way to travel and have fun ...

Oh yeah, I remember you saying you've already got experience so I s'pose you could go back. (or never left :lol:) ah nice one, I've heard of that scheme, acting like a 10 year old does sound appealing :tongue: (keep them safe though! :s-smilie:)
Original post by SeanFM
Oh yeah, I remember you saying you've already got experience so I s'pose you could go back. (or never left :lol:) ah nice one, I've heard of that scheme, acting like a 10 year old does sound appealing :tongue: (keep them safe though! :s-smilie:)

I've been a brownie leader since year 11 and i love it so it seems like a natural step to be let loose with tonnes of american kids for a summer and also meet some other gap year people who dunno what they're doing with their lives hahah
Are you AS or A2?
AS

What subjects are you taking?
History, English Literature and English Language

How are exams going?
I had six - History went great (apart from some stupid mistakes regarding a statistic that I bluffed under pressure), English Language no idea (it either went great or it went terribly - I messed up my timings on Paper 1 so didn't answer the third question. Oops.), and English Literature could've gone better... my Hamlet essay was the best! The rest? I'm not so confident.

To which university are you hoping to go?
Cambridge (but after my English Literature Paper 2 and possibly my English Language third question mess up... AAA is unlikely...)

To study which subject?
History!

How are you feeling about results day?
I'm so worried because I just think I screwed everything up and I won't get the AAA I've been working towards. I hate how under the new linear system everything is reliant on how you performed during the exams and you don't have any coursework.

Anything else to add?
Good luck to everyone!!!
Original post by fefssdf
I've been a brownie leader since year 11 and i love it so it seems like a natural step to be let loose with tonnes of american kids for a summer and also meet some other gap year people who dunno what they're doing with their lives hahah

:lol: great fun :tongue:

In the meantime, how about.. learning to drive or learning how to swim or some kind of learning? :tongue:
Original post by SeanFM
:lol: great fun :tongue:

In the meantime, how about.. learning to drive or learning how to swim or some kind of learning? :tongue:

hmmm i was thinking of doing driving lessons but then like i won't need a car at uni and my parents don't drive so i feel like i can survive without a car... but if i was on a gap year then i would do this to pass some time for sure cause i'll need a car one day probably !... and sean i can swim already lolol
Are you AS or A2?
AS

Biology, Chemistry, Maths and History

How are exams going?
Chemistry and History were pretty decent in hindsight, but I dunno what happened, I just messed up for some reason. Maths was dreadful and Biology was eh, I managed to finish it though which is good.

I don't really have a specific university I want to go to but I'm considering Queen Mary and King's College at the moment.

To study which subject?
Chemistry

A mixture of dread and excitement. I mean, I'm pretty sure I failed tbh, but I dunno, I just want to get this over with. The suspense is killing me and the uncertainty is making me feel like everything I'm doing in preparation for A2 is pointless.

Anything else to add?
Those grade boundaries better be low. Good luck to everyone though.

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar 😞
Original post by fefssdf
hmmm i was thinking of doing driving lessons but then like i won't need a car at uni and my parents don't drive so i feel like i can survive without a car... but if i was on a gap year then i would do this to pass some time for sure cause i'll need a car one day probably !... and sean i can swim already lolol

You never know when it'll come in useful though :redface: but your choice :tongue:

:getmecoat: I know how to do neither of those things. :borat: but learning soon.. hopefully.
Original post by SeanFM
You never know when it'll come in useful though :redface: but your choice :tongue:

:getmecoat: I know how to do neither of those things. :borat: but learning soon.. hopefully.

ah did your parents never send you to swimming lessons ? but yh better late than never.... I'm pretty sure you can go to adult classes for this... or maybe just go in the shallow bit and try not to drown...
Original post by fefssdf
ah did your parents never send you to swimming lessons ? but yh better late than never.... I'm pretty sure you can go to adult classes for this... or maybe just go in the shallow bit and try not to drown...

I had something weird when I was a kid. Not learning diffiulties as such and someone thought I had dyspraxia.. but I dunno, I think it's more that as a kid I did not listen to much or retain information at times.. it was very strange. Doesn't affect me now at all :tongue: but anyway, I took some swimming lessons then at school and never really improved. Can't get the hang of floating either :lol:

Also have 15 hours of driving lessons under my belt from 2 years ago but forgotten it-ish.
(edited 7 years ago)
Are you AS or A2?
AS

Maths, Politics, History and Biology

How are exams going?
Maths:
C1 - :frown:
C2 - :smile:
M1 - :smile:

Politics:
Unit 1 - :frown:
Unit 2 - :smile:

History:
Germany - :frown:
Italy - :frown:

Biology:
Paper 1 - :frown:
Paper 2 - :smile:

Looking at Durham, Bath, Exeter, Surrey...

To study which subject?
Economics

Dreading it, really do not want it to happen. I just know I'm going to be gutted but hey ho, at least I will have a 'platform' to work off next year!

Anything else to add?
I reiterate @Firenze26, low grade boundaries please! Even for exams I was really happy with!
Original post by SeanFM
I had something weird when I was a kid. Not learning diffiulties as such and someone thought I had dyspraxia.. but I dunno, I think it's more that as a kid I did not listen to much or retain information at times.. it was very strange. Doesn't affect me now at all :tongue: but anyway, I took some swimming lessons then at school and never really improved. Can't get the hang of floating either :lol:

hmmm i guess just go to your local pool and experiment a bit and if you drown then the lifeguards will help you.... floating may be an issue though but try to improve cause you never know when you could end up like in a river

Quick Reply

Latest