The Student Room Group

[PETITION] Make Eid a National Holiday

Please sign the petition if you agree!

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/150516

Scroll to see replies

Can i make Chinese new year a national holiday after this? Thaipusam? Wesak day?
Only if we can say merry Christmas again instead of happy holidays...
Why not.
You just want another holiday you lazy bum
Original post by HucktheForde
Can i make Chinese new year a national holiday after this? Thaipusam? Wesak day?

yeah you can...just make a petition...
Moshinur choudhury

sounds so much like anjem choudary
Original post by HucktheForde

That wouldn't really make much sense considering how small the Chinese population is. Muslims on the other hand are 5% of the total population.
OP your not even Muslim.Stop being lazy and wanting a free holiday.
I'm not sure if *everyone* needs to have the day off, especially since the date changes each year and there's always a massive debate on the exact day it should be on.

I think it's fair for Muslims to have the option though so they don't have to use their annual leave.
That's a good idea...

All of the non-muslim's have to go to school
It's kinda unfair, so why not make it a holiday!!!
Original post by Legendary Quest
I'm not sure if *everyone* needs to have the day off, especially since the date changes each year and there's always a massive debate on the exact day it should be on.

I think it's fair for Muslims to have the option though so they don't have to use their annual leave.

So Muslims should get extra days off??? No way... Never happening. They can quit their jobs if they want days off.
In my school people who are muslim sign a letter saying they won't be attending school because of Eid
(edited 7 years ago)
Just allow Muslims to have the day off without having to use their annual leave (or at least let us have the day off, some places don't even allow that). And we'd be happy.

Same should be for other major religious holidays such as Diwali and Yom Kippur
Reply 14
Original post by AccountingBabe
So Muslims should get extra days off??? No way... Never happening. They can quit their jobs if they want days off.

Instead of having christmas off...
Original post by Lord Samosa
Just allow Muslims to have the day off without having to use their annual leave (or at least let us have the day off, some places don't even allow that). And we'd be happy.

This.
Original post by Lord Samosa

No. Work or quit.
Reply 17
Oh boo hoo Muslims will have one day less in their annual leave! Get over it.

I'm fine with booking A/L for Eid I dont see it as an issue. Also if Eid would be a national holiday then what about other religions and thier celebration days?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AccountingBabe
No. Work or quit.

A day or two off extra per year isn't going to be a huge issue tbh :lol:
Original post by okey
Instead of having christmas off...

How does this benefit business? Many businesses don't operate during Christmas so a lot of businesses would be useless around this time for getting work done.

They'd just be sitting around doing no work as their colleagues are at home celebrating the best occasion in the world.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending