The Student Room Group

Guys: Would you date a girl with acne/acne scars?

(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
My boyfriend doesn't say a word about mine and I am badly scarred on my back and arms. :yep:

If someone doesn't want to date a person because they have scarring then that someone is an eejit.
Acne and acne scars are rather different, and their magnitude varies.
Reply 3
Original post by depress7
Looking for honest answers, thanks!

I bet OP has acne/acne scars

in any case i would date anyone, but that's my personal preference
Reply 4
Original post by dskinner
I bet OP has acne/acne scars

in any case i would date anyone, but that's my personal preference

lol no actually I have flawless skin. Obv that's the case!
Reply 5
Original post by InvestmentBankin
Acne and acne scars are rather different, and their magnitude varies.

I guess that's a no then
Reply 6
lol no actually I have flawless skin. Obv that's the case!

oh i see :smile:
Reply 7
Thoughts on brown paper bags @swirly @Rk2k14 @Dirtybit
I guess that's a no then

Not necessarily. If you could elaborate on the severity of it. I used to have an acne when I was a teenager but I have a clean face now.
Reply 9
Original post by SA-1
Thoughts on brown paper bags @swirly @Rk2k14 @Dirtybit

Its whats inside that matters.
I feel like looks aren't everything and thus if someone had acne but had the best personality ever then i'd probably date them regardless of their acne or acne scars.
Reply 11
Original post by raepatricks
I feel like looks aren't everything and thus if someone had acne but had the best personality ever then i'd probably date them regardless of their acne or acne scars.

But even if a girl had the best personality in the world, if she had unsightly acne scars that made them unattractive, why would a guy date them? Guys care more than girls about looks IMO.
But even if a girl had the best personality in the world, if she had unsightly acne scars that made them unattractive, why would a guy date them? Guys care more than girls about looks IMO.

Not every guy in this world is shallow, and if they are why do you care about what they think? They're not worth dating nor even thinking about anyway. Everyone has their own flaws, whoever you date should overlook them and see you for the true person that you are.

I would definitely date them if I fell for their personality. Maybe I'd just be less likely to approach them in the first place (tbh).
Yep. would be hypocritical not to lol and anyway would prefer that to some plastic looking shiny fake tanned person.
Noo....
Original post by Airmed
My boyfriend doesn't say a word about mine and I am badly scarred on my back and arms. :yep:

If someone doesn't want to date a person because they have scarring then that someone is an eejit.

It's all down to personal preference. Whilst I may not agree with someone's rationale, it's stupid to ignore that people have an innate preference for things being done in a certain way and given that we're autonomous beings, we can who can choose what we want. People wouldn't be derided if they had a preference for blondes or shorter girls etc and nor should they be derided if they prefer girls with or without acne :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by Zygomaticus
It's all down to personal preference. Whilst I may not agree with someone's rationale, it's stupid to ignore that people have an innate preference for things being done in a certain way and given that we're autonomous beings, we can who can choose what we want. People wouldn't be derided if they had a preference for blondes or shorter girls etc and nor should they be derided if they prefer girls with or without acne :smile:

I understand but many people get acne unfortunately. Anyone can be blonde, all they have to do is dye their hair. Obviously it is personal preference but I don't think someone should straight-out dismiss someone for having scarring.
Original post by Airmed
I understand but many people get acne unfortunately. Anyone can be blonde, all they have to do is dye their hair. Obviously it is personal preference but I don't think someone should straight-out dismiss someone for having scarring.

People get dismissed for all sorts of reasons: height, ethnicity etc and it's just a fact of life sadly. People are free to choose and I think that although it's sad that someone with scarring would get dismissed, that person also has the choice to pick and choose who they want!

With regards to the hair dyeing, don't you think it's hypocritical that people have to change their hair colour to match people's preferences, but someone with acne should just be accepted? Why can't they be accepted as they are? I agree with your point that they can do something about it, but should they have to dye their hair just to fit in?

PS, I don't care about acne and other things. I've seen people from all around the world and one thing I appreciate is everyone's intrinsic individuality! People attract me in different ways and that's cool with me :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by Zygomaticus
People get dismissed for all sorts of reasons: height, ethnicity etc and it's just a fact of life sadly. People are free to choose and I think that although it's sad that someone with scarring would get dismissed, that person also has the choice to pick and choose who they want!

With regards to the hair dyeing, don't you think it's hypocritical that people have to change their hair colour to match people's preferences, but someone with acne should just be accepted? Why can't they be accepted as they are? I agree with your point that they can do something about it, but should they have to dye their hair just to fit in?

PS, I don't care about acne and other things. I've seen people from all around the world and one thing I appreciate is everyone's intrinsic individuality! People attract me in different ways and that's cool with me :smile:

I'm not saying that someone should dye their hair just so that they can get off with someone, that's just ridiculous. People should be comfortable in their own skin. People have free choice but everyone has flaws.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending