The Student Room Group

Getting rejected by someone you were never with ?

Ok so basically i have been talking to someone for over 2 years and i felt like we had a ' connection' and when we were together in person i felt like we got on so well, and well now he's just said to me that he has a girlfriend and that we shouldn't talk anymore and so thats it like its all over but we were never together- never kissed or anything yet i feel like I've just split up with someone ... any advice on how to get over him :/
Original post by Anonymous
Ok so basically i have been talking to someone for over 2 years and i felt like we had a ' connection' and when we were together in person i felt like we got on so well, and well now he's just said to me that he has a girlfriend and that we shouldn't talk anymore and so thats it like its all over but we were never together- never kissed or anything yet i feel like I've just split up with someone ... any advice on how to get over him :/

I suppose you have been rejected in some sense, and that you were attached to him in some way so it hurts.. can't blame you for that :redface:

Just block them everywhere and, as cliched as it sounds, it gets better over time, but there is no instantaneous fix.
Reply 2
Original post by SeanFM
I suppose you have been rejected in some sense, and that you were attached to him in some way so it hurts.. can't blame you for that :redface:

Just block them everywhere and, as cliched as it sounds, it gets better over time, but there is no instantaneous fix.

i don't want to block them though cause i still like them even though they are with someone... I'm happy for him yet i still want us to be mates like i just don't want to not communicate ever again it just annoys me like i wanna just carry on chatting to him but he must think i will try and get with him ...
Original post by Anonymous
i don't want to block them though cause i still like them even though they are with someone... I'm happy for him yet i still want us to be mates like i just don't want to not communicate ever again it just annoys me like i wanna just carry on chatting to him but he must think i will try and get with him ...

There'll be other people in your life, as long as you don't give up. He's said that you can't ever talk again, so.. I can't see any coming back from that. He might change his mind - maybe not. It's most likely the girlfriend that has 'encouraged' him to do this rather than him making this decision himself.

The worst thing you can do now is to do the opposite of what he says. You should block him and then, if he thinks its okay to talk to you again or things change, he'll find a way to get in touch (be it through mutual friends etc).

I get how you're feeling though, and that it's frustrating but.. :dontknow:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending