The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Why is everyone talking about ATP? It's giving me A2 biology PTSD
Is it just me or is TSR really dead today...:K:
Original post by Foo.mp3
Haha. If I were to attempt to flirt with someone then it would not be on the basis of discussing the intricacies of my particular disabilities, I can assure thee. Just a point of fact/interest :yy:

Ok, so what I said was that I have energy failure associated with the particular (main) form of (cellular) energy production to which she was referring - not that I've had related tests but this is a general hallmark of my chronic health condition :u:

Understatement of the century! Clue: think about the widespread/multi-systemic rammifications of mitochondrial failure, dear :beard:

Chronic fatigue is a simple, non-specific symptom. ME/CFS is a complex syndrome, with rather a specific set of attributes (including, but not limited to, chronic fatigue). Further info here

Indeed not, to their eternal shame :rolleyes:

Experts have classified it the most highly intrusive chronic health condition; it is idiopathic, there is no known cure or generally effective treatment regime, it is highly intractable, multi-systemic, virtually non-recoverable (<5% spontaneous recovery), and it generally significantly reduces not just quality of life but also life expectancy. That said, compared with progressive/terminal illnesses, I suppose it could be worse, and I personally consider myself lucky to only ever have had mild-moderate ME/CFS, albeit that it has been with me my entire adult life, which it turned upside down, as you can probably imagine

Never heard it being called the worst chronic condition.Plenty of other mitochondrial diseases are idiopathic though and are death sentences.
Although,I dont see whether there any point arguing for which illness is the most debilatating,its not really a desired title.
I guess its to do with your condition being not widely known and also research into it not being as well funded as other diseases.

How have you coped ?
Is your condition often misdiagnosed for other diseases,the symptoms seem similar to other conditions?
What is it like for does with serious CFS?
Do you struggle to get others to understand your condition ?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Hydeman
Dat explanation glycolysed my brain. :pierre:

Hahaha :lol: :lol:

That*. :mmm:

Fxck.. I keep doing that mistake I am very sorry \: I feel stupid because I've told you before I would not do it again :lol: but in such a context "that" and "who" are the exact same words in French so I keep forgetting :emo:

Original post by Foo.mp3

Understatement of the century! Clue: think about the widespread/multi-systemic rammifications of mitochondrial failure, dear :beard:

I understood what you were talking about :colonhash: I tried to translate it in a couple of words :lol:

Chronic fatigue is a simple, non-specific symptom. ME/CFS is a complex syndrome, with rather a specific set of attributes (including, but not limited to, chronic fatigue). Further info here

Yep in French with a few to simplification people usually call that Chronic fatigue anyway, even though it's one of the symptoms
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Is it just me or is TSR really dead today...:K:

Its just you,biology talk is so much fun:tongue:.
Original post by ZuluK

One day very very soon. I can feel it :biggrin:

Spoiler

I hope you're right :3

Spoiler

Original post by Serine Soul
Why is everyone talking about ATP? It's giving me A2 biology PTSD

It's giving me AS biology PTSD :rofl:
Original post by ForestShadow

You're back :woo:
Original post by Kadak
It seems like you are talking to yourself.

I was talking to Zulu. :colonhash:

Original post by FrenchUnicorn
Fxck.. I keep doing that mistake I am very sorry \: I feel stupid because I've told you before I would not do it again :lol: but in such a context "that" and "who" are the exact same words in French so I keep forgetting :emo:

No worries - 'tis my job, after all. :colone:
You're back :woo:

Haha yes I am :woo:

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Hydeman

Thank you again :hat2: :3

Haha yes I am :woo:

Spoiler

YOU DID WHAT ? But but but :cry2: how am I supposed to message you now :cry2:
Thank you again :hat2: :3

YOU DID WHAT ? But but but :cry2: how am I supposed to message you now :cry2:

I guess we could PM :h:

Spoiler

Original post by Hydeman
I was talking to Zulu. :colonhash:

Then shouldnt you have used you instead of she,and directly quoted her ?Just suggesting :u::colondollar:.
I guess we could PM :h:

Spoiler

PMs suck ):

Spoiler

Original post by Kadak
Then shouldnt you have used you instead of she,and directly quoted her ?Just suggesting :u::colondollar:.

I did quote her ('she' was referring to @Salamandastron). Is it not showing? :s-smilie:

Damn it, mobile site. :angry:
Thanks, anyway. :smile:

New spec?
We didn't do much ATP stuff at AS iirc :tongue:
Original post by Serine Soul
New spec?
We didn't do much ATP stuff at AS iirc :tongue:

Mmm yes if by 'new spec' you mean 'impossible spec' then youre right :holmes:
I feel infinite
Have you ever looked at a massive plate off food and then thinking "omg how am i going to finish all of this!" and then end up finishing it all and then end up feeling like an absolute fatty?
Getting kind of annoyed.
Dont just assume im always going to be here alright is all im saying :colonhash:

Latest