The Student Room Group

UCAS Personal Statement

Hello everyone,

I need help with my personal statement.
I just do not know where to start, I am applying Midwifery.

PLEASE HELP
Starting can be the hardest part but think why do you want to study midwifery? That would be a good starting point. You need to convey your passion and interest for the subject! You also need to talk about your achievements and extra-curricular too. Comment on the skills they have given you that makes you right for the course. You have to sell yourself to the admissions tutor. I first bullet pointed everything which I wanted to include in my personal statement and organised it in categories and this was a good starting point for me and gave me a structure and points to include in my personal statement.
Look at the medicine PS guidance (linked in my signature below) - the advice will be relevant to midwifery :smile: I would suggest leaving the intro til last, or do a really basic 'I want to be a midwife because...' to start with
Reply 3
Original post by Lkathryn08
Starting can be the hardest part but think why do you want to study midwifery? That would be a good starting point. You need to convey your passion and interest for the subject! You also need to talk about your achievements and extra-curricular too. Comment on the skills they have given you that makes you right for the course. You have to sell yourself to the admissions tutor. I first bullet pointed everything which I wanted to include in my personal statement and organised it in categories and this was a good starting point for me and gave me a structure and points to include in my personal statement.

Thank you that was very helpful :smile:
Original post by shumaab
Hello everyone,

I need help with my personal statement.
I just do not know where to start, I am applying Midwifery.

PLEASE HELP

There is a new Nursing and Allied Health PS guidance wiki page linked in my signature which you should find really useful. Don't worry about writing an introduction if you're struggling, just get straight into it and add one later (or not) depending whether you feel it is necessary. There are a lot of tips on the guidance page about making a start and knowing what to include.

Feel free to let me know if you have any more questions :smile:
Original post by Charlotte49
There is a new Nursing and Allied Health PS guidance wiki page linked in my signature which you should find really useful. Don't worry about writing an introduction if you're struggling, just get straight into it and add one later (or not) depending whether you feel it is necessary. There are a lot of tips on the guidance page about making a start and knowing what to include.

Feel free to let me know if you have any more questions :smile:

Has it been put on the subject guides page (in my signature)?
Original post by *Interrobang*
Has it been put on the subject guides page (in my signature)?

Nope, I PM'd the user it says to ask a few weeks ago but haven't heard back.*
Nope, I PM'd the user it says to ask a few weeks ago but haven't heard back.*

You can (or at least should be able to) do it yourself easy enough :smile: Just click on the 'edit' button and then follow the same formatting for a previous one, just changing the name and the link address
You can (or at least should be able to) do it yourself easy enough :smile: Just click on the 'edit' button and then follow the same formatting for a previous one, just changing the name and the link address

I've had a good look but I don't seem to have the orange 'edit' button on that page for some reason...*:s-smilie:
I've had a good look but I don't seem to have the orange 'edit' button on that page for some reason...*:s-smilie:

Some pages can only be edited by wiki contributors. I've added it for you :smile:
Some pages can only be edited by wiki contributors. I've added it for you :smile:

Ah that's great, thanks for that!*:h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending