The Student Room Group

Finding it hard to be thankful

I know i should be thankful I have free education,food,a home and family.But i am find it so hard to be thankful I don't want to wake up anymore I hate life all I ever do is clean,study and the best place I go to is grocery shopping my family used to go out frequently I have no went out for months.I am feeling extreme melancholy cleaning,cleaning studying and studying I just want to be happy i don't feel confident I feel hideous I hate myself and life.
Try and go through the summer without: a home, family, a mobile phone and you'll be more thankful.
Original post by Marshall Taylor
Try and go through the summer without: a home, family, a mobile phone and you'll be more thankful.

I don't own a phone because I don't have the need for one.
Original post by Anonymous1502
I don't own a phone because I don't have the need for one.

I don't think you're seeing my point here. Go without everything that you aren't thankful for and see if you miss it.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous1502
I know i should be thankful I have free education,food,a home and family.But i am find it so hard to be thankful I don't want to wake up anymore I hate life all I ever do is clean,study and the best place I go to is grocery shopping my family used to go out frequently I have no went out for months.I am feeling extreme melancholy cleaning,cleaning studying and studying I just want to be happy i don't feel confident I feel hideous I hate myself and life.

I know it sounds cliche but If you look at what other people deal with, make that comparison with your life. Sometimes it's hard work to be positive but it is essential for your well being. The key is learn to enjoy the little things like how a woman walks or how a squirrel "squirrels away" food for the winter. Smell the noses. Another cliche. This is a worthy process, it will help you all through life.
Good Luck.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending