The Student Room Group

Stop the Brexit- I've changed my mind!!

Scroll to see replies

Aren't sky news looking for brexitregretters?
If it helps OP, when the Eurozone implodes you'll probably change your mind again.

On a related note I actually like Remainers who made an informed decision and stuck to it more than the headless chicken voters of either side who cried that they didn't know enough information to make an informed vote.

I assume most of us here are students/graduates so there is basically no excuse in the slightest for not having done the basic research and critical thinking required.

Original post by Marshall Taylor
Aren't sky news looking for brexitregretters?

It's the desperate line the broadly pro-remain media have been clinging to since the initial shock.

Find a few regretful voters, overplay it ad infinitum until a false narrative has been created, much as they tried to paint the image of a country sure to vote remain..

I used to think the media in the UK is fairly unbiased and a rational conveyor of news, and it's certainly not quite FOX news yet, but it's closer than it used to be.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by EleonoraDi
You know what the worst thing is? Because of people like you I'm probably not going to have the chance to study in the UK (I'm a EU national). It's so maddening that my future has been decided by people that didn't do enough research and then regretted their vote a moment after :frown:

Dont worry about it you can choose one of the other 27 countries, Im sure some of them are as good as England. Maybe Italy, France ,Spain or Germany. You have no say in what the British public chose which was to cut down on people like yourself.
Original post by NerradCFCB
Dont worry about it you can choose one of the other 27 countries, Im sure some of them are as good as England. Maybe Italy, France ,Spain or Germany. You have no say in what the British public chose which was to cut down on people like yourself.

If it weren't for the fact that at the moment I only speak English at a fluent enough level for uni, I'd love to! I guess I'm stuck in Italy for now, which is still good, don't get me wrong, just not my dream.
However, I surely couldn't influence Brexit nor was it my place to do so, since it's your country and your choice. I just get extremely frustrated with people treating politics so lightly. There was more than enough information out there to make a decision and still so many people are come out saying they regret their vote.
For me it is totally inconceivable to treat a referendum on the future of my country as if it were a joke or saying "I don't like the results let's repeat it" :colonhash:
If it weren't for the fact that at the moment I only speak English at a fluent enough level for uni, I'd love to! I guess I'm stuck in Italy for now, which is still good, don't get me wrong, just not my dream.
However, I surely couldn't influence Brexit nor was it my place to do so, since it's your country and your choice. I just get extremely frustrated with people treating politics so lightly. There was more than enough information out there to make a decision and still so many people are come out saying they regret their vote.
For me it is totally inconceivable to treat a referendum on the future of my country as if it were a joke or saying "I don't like the results let's repeat it" :colonhash:

Good luck with the Italian exit from Europe, I hear your right wing politicians are trying to get you out the EU
Good luck with the Italian exit from Europe, I hear your right wing politicians are trying to get you out the EU

That's just a couple of retarded politicians that are the joke of the whole country. It's actually unconstitutional for us to have a referendum on international treaties, so we're good! :biggrin:
That's just a couple of retarded politicians that are the joke of the whole country. It's actually unconstitutional for us to have a referendum on international treaties, so we're good! :biggrin:

Oh yes I forgot Italy was the "Yes" man nation of the World. In world war 2 the Nazis show up, yes we will help you in the war, The nazis start losing towards the end when america jumped in with us. The Italians turn up in our trenches we are now on your side. Thats why you take what ever the EU gives you up the rear, the Euro has impoverished many of the smaller nations
Brexit is now like the one way ticket. Have you ever heard the song " river of no return "?

1467572572893.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh yes I forgot Italy was the "Yes" man nation of the World. In world war 2 the Nazis show up, yes we will help you in the war, The nazis start losing towards the end when america jumped in with us. The Italians turn up in our trenches we are now on your side. Thats why you take what ever the EU gives you up the rear, the Euro has impoverished many of the smaller nations

Apart from the jab to WWII, which honestly made no sense whatsoever because as soon as Mussolini (which let me remind you was a DICTATOR, so the population didn't choose to side with Germany in the war or to go to war AT ALL) was sent to jail, Partisans immediately intensified their work and started freeing the North of the country before the Anglo-Americans and the new Italian government could even strike up a deal.
Also, I'm not really too sure you should be so proud of your intervention in the South of Italy, since there are some pretty strong rumours about you allying yourselves with the Sicilian mafia during those years. Just saying.
Back on track, all of the poorer countries have received more benefits than costs after joining the EU. The exception is Greece, but I fail to see how that example could be relevant since they falsified their economic data to join the EU. Had they had the requisites to enter they probably wouldn't have suffered the crisis as much as they did.
If you want to have a source on per capita GDP after and before countries joining the EU, I'd recommend you read this article by VOX, which I happen to think is a pretty unbiased source:
http://voxeu.org/article/how-poorer-nations-benefit-eu-membership

However, in case you were too lazy, let me just post the graph of some of the "poorer countries".
per capita GDP.png
Apart from the jab to WWII, which honestly made no sense whatsoever because as soon as Mussolini (which let me remind you was a DICTATOR, so the population didn't choose to side with Germany in the war or to go to war AT ALL) was sent to jail, Partisans immediately intensified their work and started freeing the North of the country before the Anglo-Americans and the new Italian government could even strike up a deal.
Also, I'm not really too sure you should be so proud of your intervention in the South of Italy, since there are some pretty strong rumours about you allying yourselves with the Sicilian mafia during those years. Just saying.
Back on track, all of the poorer countries have received more benefits than costs after joining the EU. The exception is Greece, but I fail to see how that example could be relevant since they falsified their economic data to join the EU. Had they had the requisites to enter they probably wouldn't have suffered the crisis as much as they did.
If you want to have a source on per capita GDP after and before countries joining the EU, I'd recommend you read this article by VOX, which I happen to think is a pretty unbiased source:
http://voxeu.org/article/how-poorer-nations-benefit-eu-membership

However, in case you were too lazy, let me just post the graph of some of the "poorer countries".
per capita GDP.png

It does not stop the people being in poverty though does it? If you factor in inflation the countries are worse off, when they switched to the Euro currency which richer nations make stronger it forces the people in the poorer countries into further poverty I meant the people not the country itself. And let me just add the richer countries prop up the smaller countries but the people don't see any positives. If the EU was that great ,If italy was voting on joining would you join?
Original post by thePatron
My main issue was there wasn't much information available. Not enough in my opinion. A lot of us were debating what to do. It was so confusing we were talking about flipping a coin and just going with that. That's how unsure everyone was with this referendum.

Absolute *******s. There was plenty of information online for anyone that bothered to look, there was plenty in the papers if you looked for a proper source instead of reading the tabloids, and there were remain events all over the country. It's funny how people complain about a lack of information when almost half the country seems to have managed to inform themselves.

At least you can admit that you regret it, though. A shocking amount of people have started blaming the EU for their decision to leave. Some people just aren't capable of taking responsibility for their decisions.
Original post by thePatron
Sorry guys. I thought I did what I thought was best, but it looks like my vote and my influence on my friend may have contributed towards the turmoil that's going to unfold in the UK that's possibly going to affect us all.

Pretty much most folks at work have voted remain. I asked how it might affect the business they said if anything logistics and procurement might be an issue but as of now it's hard to tell. Also my main reasons were employment related. Not immigration, because if you believe immigration is going to cease cos of this Brexit then you're a retard.

Anyway if I can change my vote. I WILL.

Onward and forward

Quick Reply

Latest