The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Serine Soul
If I miss my offer by, say, 3 UMS in each subject, could I still be accepted?

I'm reading through last year's offer holder's thread before and on results day and stressing myself out

Honestly no-one can say. If you are a near miss in 1 A-level you may be ok, but tbh if it's all your subjects...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
Honestly no-one can say. If you are a near miss in 1 A-level you may be ok, but tbh if it's all your subjects...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I think 1 A Level would be okay maybe but getting AAB is really underperforming for your offer :redface:
Not sure you lot will have many questions left now but the cambtweeters are doing a Q&A tonight at 8pm on twitter
Original post by Paralove
Not sure you lot will have many questions left now but the cambtweeters are doing a Q&A tonight at 8pm on twitter

"Best ways to kill myself before results day?", plenty of that sort of questions. :yes:
Saw someone on last years thread mentioning her school emailing her UMS to her college the day before results day as she missed her offer. I already had an email to say I should email mine if when I miss, but I planned on doing this after I received my results on the 18th.

Should I say something to my school about this or not bother?
Original post by Zacken
"Best ways to kill myself before results day?", plenty of that sort of questions. :yes:

Lol, I really need advice on that question.
Original post by felecita
Saw someone on last years thread mentioning her school emailing her UMS to her college the day before results day as she missed her offer. I already had an email to say I should email mine if when I miss, but I planned on doing this after I received my results on the 18th.

Should I say something to my school about this or not bother?

Send it when you get the info. And it's fine for your school to do it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zacken

Don't STEP results come out midnight?

Yeh they do, my schools emailing a level stuff 12:30ish aswell, that probs won't matter for mathmos tbh, step will be around a 95% decider.
How strict is Cambridge for blocking stuff on the internet network?

Yep
Original post by physicsmaths
Yeh they do, my schools emailing a level stuff 12:30ish aswell, that probs won't matter for mathmos tbh, step will be around a 95% decider.

Wow that's early from your school! Yeah that's why I was wondering for the mathmos
Original post by Zacken
Yep

Ah
Original post by physicsphysics91

What kind of stuff? :colonhash:

:wink:

The pron

Spoiler

They don't block anything. However, if you stream illegal content or if you stream illegally/torrent, it will bring up a flag and you can get fined.
The pron

Spoiler

Smh I'm sure you can go a few weeks without the pron

Just check on your college's freshers' handbook if that's avaliable to you yet :smile:
Original post by Protoxylic
They don't block anything. However, if you stream illegal content or if you stream illegally/torrent, it will bring up a flag and you can get fined.

I remember possibly reading that they use eduroam, pretty sure blocks ports for most online games.
Partly related, my college handbook says I can bring a TV but doesnt limit how big they can be (unlike my old university), its safe to assume I can bring a big TV right?
I remember possibly reading that they use eduroam, pretty sure blocks ports for most online games.
Partly related, my college handbook says I can bring a TV but doesnt limit how big they can be (unlike my old university), its safe to assume I can bring a big TV right?

There are two networks in Cambridge, Eduroam and the University specific network. Both are monitored by the university networking team, we were told at the beginning of the year "Not to stream illegal content or to torrent illegally" it is up to interpretation as to what that means. You don't get fined on the spot, you get warnings. But ultimately you will get fined.

Yes you can, but you need to get it PAT tested, as for any electrical appliance for health and safety reasons (basically making sure it won't burst into flames). You also need to get a TV license if you were to bring a TV for the purpose of watching TV, if you are using it as a screen for your PS4, I assume that's fine. (Many people don't get a TV license and they can't really do much about it)
Original post by Protoxylic
There are two networks in Cambridge, Eduroam and the University specific network. Both are monitored by the university networking team, we were told at the beginning of the year "Not to stream illegal content or to torrent illegally" it is up to interpretation as to what that means. You don't get fined on the spot, you get warnings. But ultimately you will get fined.

Yes you can, but you need to get it PAT tested, as for any electrical appliance for health and safety reasons (basically making sure it won't burst into flames). You also need to get a TV license if you were to bring a TV for the purpose of watching TV, if you are using it as a screen for your PS4, I assume that's fine. (Many people don't get a TV license and they can't really do much about it)

Thanks, so you've seen PS4's working online? Surely everything needs PAT testing then, including laptops ect.

Latest

Trending

Trending