The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

What can one say, $80,000 has to be spend on extra security. Not only is that a waste of money but the amount of people that have been sacred from the fake posts. I do believe that the decision for her punishment is good. Knowing how much damage social media can do now days and how people think they can do it without being found.
Reply 2
Lmfao that dumb ***** deserves that fine.
Reply 3
Stop trying to underplay the hate crime that does occur. Its sad really.
Original post by datboii

Hate crimes dont exist loooser
Reply 5
Original post by Betelgeuse-
Hate crimes dont exist loooser

one word. brexit.
Reply 6
Original post by SGHD26716
You are an idiot.

hes trolling
Original post by datboii
one word. brexit.

Brexit was a nation wide hate crime

What a dumb*ss, discussion and protesting about hate crime that actually does happen is one thing, but fabricating it is just plain disgusting
Reply 9
Original post by datboii

Stop trying to ignore the fact that people fabricate hate crimes to gain sympathy.
Reply 10
Original post by joecphillips
Stop trying to ignore the fact that people fabricate hate crimes to gain sympathy.

A minority that doesnt even vaguely represent the full story.
Reply 11
Original post by datboii
A minority that doesnt even vaguely represent the full story.

So I should ignore something that is actually creating a divide? I hold everyone to the same standard if a white person had done this to create anti-black sentiment I would call them out and you probably would so why should we ignore it the other way around?
Reply 12

Yes, clearly they do, but how often, and what % of hate crimes are fabricated? I'd be amazed if it was more than 5%, you don't hear about these things happening very often.
Reply 13
Original post by Olie
Yes, clearly they do, but how often, and what % of hate crimes are fabricated? I'd be amazed if it was more than 5%, you don't hear about these things happening very often.

Some of the 'hate crimes' reported are just false in Canada recently it was reported a Muslim women was assaulted in a shop and that it was a hate crime because she was Muslim, it turns out that it was another Muslim who did it.

It happens more often than you think the media report things as a hate crime and then ignore it when evidence shows it's something else
http://www.fakehatecrimes.org
Reply 14
So I should ignore something that is actually creating a divide? I hold everyone to the same standard if a white person had done this to create anti-black sentiment I would call them out and you probably would so why should we ignore it the other way around?

It's not a white vs non white thing. Of course people are bound to fake some crimes. But it is a minority. And no, you're not "calling" anyone when you're posting it on a student room and I highly doubt your intentions was to simply show us all that this happens because basic intuition will already tell us this. Basically this thread is pointless when you're linking an article to ONE case of this offence in New Jersey.
Original post by datboii
one word. brexit.

Original post by Betelgeuse-
Brexit was a nation wide hate crime

lol
In the same way a police officer who commits a crime under, " color of law", deserves a harsher penalty, so should a person who commits this sort of crime. Both are betraying the public trust.
Reply 17
Original post by datboii
It's not a white vs non white thing. Of course people are bound to fake some crimes. But it is a minority. And no, you're not "calling" anyone when you're posting it on a student room and I highly doubt your intentions was to simply show us all that this happens because basic intuition will already tell us this. Basically this thread is pointless when you're linking an article to ONE case of this offence in New Jersey.

I have a lot more links I can provide if you like, a lot of them are from America as that is where this divide is worst.
Reply 18
I have a lot more links I can provide if you like, a lot of them are from America as that is where this divide is worst.

Again, these are individual and lone events. You're deliberately skewing the picture when we all know that there are severe hate crimes that does occur.
Reply 19
Original post by datboii
Again, these are individual and lone events. You're deliberately skewing the picture when we all know that there are severe hate crimes that does occur.

So when these things happen they are individual events but when something happens the other way it is institutionalised events

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending