The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 460
Original post by lailapianai
Hey i would really appreciate feedback from everyone on TSR about the following issue:

For the October/November exam timetable i have noticed that CIE have placed several exams applying to all levels over very religious Jewish holidays. I would like to find out if anyone else has been affected by these exams as CIE dont seem bothered to help out with this issue. i would really appreciate if i could get assistance on this matter as i feel as though have been left alone to deal with an issue which i am sure others are also facing.

I look forward to your responses

Laila

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Laila, although it may suck, they can't really reschedule exams on days that aren't specific public holidays, as there is always someone or some section of society who will be affected, so it's not fair on everyone else if exams are rescheduled as it should be equal for everyone. This is shown by the fact that Muslim students had to fast all day during the entirety of their exam period, It sucks but it's the way it is
Original post by Nirgilis
Don't religions teach that your education and your future is more important than adhering to religious holidays that could 'harm' your ability to succeed to your potential? Counts as special circumstances or something?

I know people that did not observe religious occasions during exam times, as it counted as being 'harmful' if they did follow them, and then caught up with them after :dontknow:

If it meant doing well in an exam, I'd forget about my Uncle's birthday, I'd not partake in Christmas, and I'd catch up on something like a fast at a later date. I care more about my future, and hence this exam, than I do about most other things. But that's just me :dontknow:

Thank you for your conniving comment🖕🏻

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

You asked for an input, I gave it.

If you find religious occasions more important than an exam that helps decide your future, then that's your opinion. It just goes against everything I believe.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do not be rubbish.*

If you have a question, you will get an answer whether you like it or not. And if it's the latter, why ask it in the first place? The reality is that there's nothing that can be done I'm afraid - your option is to either reschedule your exam for later or to try to celebrate your festival alongside it. That's the bottom line.
Part of me wants to know my results, like now, so I can know what's happening with my life.
Original post by roarchika
I'm sure you have! As TSR tells us, finding exams hard doesn't mean bad things. (Plus, like. Uni exams. I'm sure they're on a whole other level to state-provided education)

Sorry about the late reply. :emo:

I think it depends on the Uni and Course in terms of Uni exams. They are much harder to revise for because of the sheer content we have and not know how much we're meant to know, but in my course at least, we don't need to score high marks like we needed to at A-Levels. :tongue:

~~~~ Gotta get those shiny certificates ~~~~
Actually, my school never gave me my GCSE certificates, so I'm really looking forward to getting my AS ones. I want proof of my hard work, goddamnit! And ahah, my sister did 6 too - one of the (less stellar) reasons I did the EPQ was because I wanted to beat her in something. I mean, the EPQ also teaches you really handy research and time-management and presentation skills and let's you get a taste of university life, but..... I really wanted to beat my sister at something.... :biggrin:

Haha, good luck in beating her! What course are you thinking of doing? Presuming you want to go to Uni? :tongue:
Original post by Serine Soul
Part of me wants to know my results, like now, so I can know what's happening with my life.

Time should pass quite quickly between now and Results Day, even if it doesn't feel like it. I don't know if that makes you feel better or worse though... :tongue:
Reply 467

Yeah... So jellous of the IB and Scottish students getting their results earlier.

This uncertainty is almost as bad as post-Brexit :redface:

Same because I'm excited for uni but st the same time I know it could very well not happen and in which case I will need to consider clearing ect and it's really stressing me out being in this state of self control . I want to relax and just think that I've done enough but deep down I know there's a big chance I'm not getting in and I can't handle this uncertainty
Original post by Aph
Yeah... So jellous of the IB and Scottish students getting their results earlier.

Which results are you waiting for this year? :smile: . You've been on these chat threads for years! :tongue:
Reply 471
Which results are you waiting for this year? :smile: . You've been on these chat threads for years! :tongue:

Years??? Really :colondollar: A2 this year. Then hopefully uni next year :tongue:
Original post by Aph
Years??? Really :colondollar: A2 this year. Then hopefully uni next year :tongue:

Oh yeah? Doing what and where? :smile: (If you don't mind me asking? :smile: )
Reply 473
Oh yeah? Doing what and where? :smile: (If you don't mind me asking? :smile: )

Firm is maths and physics, intergrated masters at York.
Original post by Aph
Firm is maths and physics, intergrated masters at York.

Clever clogs :tongue: . Good luck! :awesome: . Though no doubt I'll tell you that many times in the next 46 days :ahee:
Reply 475
Clever clogs :tongue: . Good luck! :awesome: . Though no doubt I'll tell you that many times in the next 46 days :ahee:

Thank you :h: the fear of results day is real But I can't help but feel that come uni move in day the fear will be worse!
Reply 476
There is a large difference between someone's uncles birthday to a religious holiday, how dare you even compare the two. How do you expect a person to concentrate in an afternoon exam when they have been fasting the whole day, no food, water. What rubbish with your scientific events and a f***ing butterfly, we live in the real world not on Venus... What if the exam boards placed an exam on Christmas or a religious holiday you celebrate if you even have a religion or "scientific" belief ( which I doubt)

Posted from TSR Mobile

You receive no sympathy from me - sorry. I would expect a person not to fast on the day of an exam, but to genuinely focus on their exam. What sort of religion advocates no food on the day of an important exam.

Why are scientific events any more rubbish than religious ones may I ask? If an exam board placed an exam on Christmas, including Christmas day, the exam would take precedence over the celebrations. I value my future more than a given holiday.

Anyway, I feel we're straying somewhat from the topic of the thread. I'd be up for discussing this some more if you're up for creating a new thread.
Original post by usycool1
Time should pass quite quickly between now and Results Day, even if it doesn't feel like it. I don't know if that makes you feel better or worse though... :tongue:

The thing is, I also want to enjoy a few days of relative happiness in the (very likely) event that my dreams all fall apart after results day :lol:

Original post by Aph

They get it a week earlier right? I always watch them getting their results on the news and boom, my pants start self soiling every day from that day until A Level results day
Original post by jamestg
This uncertainty is almost as bad as post-Brexit :redface:

:redface: I partly blame Brexit for my poor performance in my final exam tbh :lol:
Original post by fefssdf
Same because I'm excited for uni but st the same time I know it could very well not happen and in which case I will need to consider clearing ect and it's really stressing me out being in this state of self control . I want to relax and just think that I've done enough but deep down I know there's a big chance I'm not getting in and I can't handle this uncertainty

This is exactly how I feel man. I have a fairly lower insurance, but an insurance is an insurance, it's my second choice and I don't want to go there as badly as my first choice :cry2:

I'm so scared of things going the complete opposite to the way I want
Original post by usycool1
Do not be rubbish.*

If you have a question, you will get an answer whether you like it or not. And if it's the latter, why ask it in the first place? The reality is that there's nothing that can be done I'm afraid - your option is to either reschedule your exam for later or to try to celebrate your festival alongside it. That's the bottom line.

Absolutely. Thanks 😏

Posted from TSR Mobile
The thing is, I also want to enjoy a few days of relative happiness in the (very likely) event that my dreams all fall apart after results day :lol:

They get it a week earlier right? I always watch them getting their results on the news and boom, my pants start self soiling every day from that day until A Level results day

:redface: I partly blame Brexit for my poor performance in my final exam tbh :lol:

This is exactly how I feel man. I have a fairly lower insurance, but an insurance is an insurance, it's my second choice and I don't want to go there as badly as my first choice :cry2:

I'm so scared of things going the complete opposite to the way I want

I love both my firm and insurance but they both want the same grades so unless one magically lets me in with AAB...then I'm going nowhere

Quick Reply

Latest