The Student Room Group

Greatest Footballer of All Time

Who is the greatest football player of all time? I have to go with Zinedine Zidane!

Scroll to see replies

Based solely on talent

Ronaldinho, Zidane or Maradona
Tim Cahill

Spoiler

Or Tim Howard
Tim Howard is so daymn good at stopping shet he could've stopped the dinos from being deaded :yep:

Spoiler

Original post by Kendrik Lamar
Who is the greatest football player of all time? I have to go with Zinedine Zidane!

One of my school's sports teachers. He never ran a day in his life, but bro this guy apparently could do anything in his prime. The stories he'd tell, I mean I can't confirm it, but I have it on his authority that back in his day he could do everything we did but a lot better.... He often showed us his incredible ability by blowing the whistle telling us to do a lap of the pitch in the rain whilst he in his rain coat sipped on coffee. That tekkers tho?

I score a volley, he scored 25 billion outside the box with his left hip. I do a few step overs, he Cruyff turned the entire opposition team. We won a cup, he was the undisputed football champion of the universe etc :/
Reply 4
In my lifetime, it's Messi. The man is a freak.
Antonio Di Natale
Messi
Zidane aint even better then Iniesta. Greatest freak footballer? Ronaldo pre injury.

Greatest footballer I've seen consistency wise? Messi
Reply 8
Zidane. He beat Brazil in 2006.
ronaldo
Original post by Angry Bird
ronaldo

Which one?
Messi clearly.
Reply 12
Yaya sanogo
Will go with the hipster choice of Di stefano

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tim Howard never fails to impress.
No such thing. Impossible to compare different eras.

I don't know if he was the greatest, but Zidane was certainly the most watchable footballer I've ever seen. Really graceful.

Messi just dodges between players like they're tax returns. Effective yes, but there's something almost too perfect, too mechanical about it. Zidane was a true artist
Reply 16
Raheem Sterling

Edit: Sorry I thought you said worst...

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by TheLittlestElf
Which one?

cristiano ronaldo
Most TSR users are too young to remember Maradona, but I definitely recommend watching a fair bit of Maradona footage, in my opinion he was an upgraded version of Messi.

Original post by Angry Bird
cristiano ronaldo

No :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest