The Student Room Group

If we have Black History Month why don't we have White History Month?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tanyapotter
*its, *etc
and Britain is more shite, I disapprove of Brexit, I'm fluent in German, etc. Many reasons. Maybe one reason is also to watch idiots like you jump to conclusions and reveal your pathetic selves to be the xenophobes that you are. Who knows, though?

Ahh the correction of drunk spelling. Grammar NAZI! haha
Original post by physicsphysics91
Something I do not really understand, why is there so much shame to be white?

Because the other 11 months of the year are white history month ?

history is written through the filter of the writers , which generaly means white , straight and male .
Original post by IronicalMan
LOL, you will be German, they will all be foreign anyway. German is a dying language. German isn't a widely used language, and is also difficult, waste of time. Xenophobe....hmmm you should go to Cologne, travel alone at night, you will enjoy it!

Well, I'm going into engineering and German is at the forefront of it, ahead of every country in the world except for Japan in technological development. And I don't find it difficult. I don't know what you're trying to achieve here: do you want me to un-learn German or something? Why don't you focus on learning to write better English? Weirdo.
Original post by TheHistoryKid
They have a lot of history but a lot of it has been destroyed, negated and put under the rug to accommodate for Arab, European, Persian and east Asian history.

Well, having read all 5, African is no doubt has the least amount due to the lack of writing.
There's no shame to be white. That's why there's no white history month.

ha! have you seen Tumblr and such recently. Being told you deserve to die because you are white, because your ancestors may have been a bit iffy or down right evil. how the history of the British Empire we learn now is all about shaming the white British, and ignores benefits of imperialism. How Black and ethnic minority history is confined to be taught for one damn month of the year. I don't think this is helpful. it separates black history, when in actual fact all history is interconnected. even if I was the most qualified person for a job, I could be turned down for it because a company wants to fulfil an ethnic minority quota. so yes there is shame in being white, because modern society has told us to be ashamed by only teaching us the bad parts of white history. however there doesn't need to be a white history month, or a black history month- integrate! don't segregate history!
Reply 85
Don't think much people care about history months anyway. They are pretty much irrelevant, dedicating an entire month to an ethnicity is pretty stupid. As every other ethnicity will say it's racist as well. Furthermore, why determine history by the amount of melanin in their skin rather than their actions. People will do what they want to do. Which is not really care about BHM and thus there is no need for a white one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well, I'm going into engineering and German is at the forefront of it, ahead of every country in the world except for Japan in technological development. And I don't find it difficult. I don't know what you're trying to achieve here: do you want me to un-learn German or something? Why don't you focus on learning to write better English? Weirdo.

I got an A in english, if you're not ****ing German how can you display their flag and be proud of it, you're not GERMAN. It is a difficult language for the return considering it's not hardly spoken, not to mention you can get by on English. My point is you're a racist and that flag is divisive.
I got an A in english, if you're not ****ing German how can you display their flag and be proud of it, you're not GERMAN. It is a difficult language for the return considering it's not hardly spoken, not to mention you can get by on English. My point is you're a racist and that flag is divisive.

I literally just told you the reasons, and what do you mean by "not hardly spoken"? And cool, I got A*s in both English and German and that's STILL not the point: you're just a bitter xenophobe making random assertions. The German flag is only divisive to people not being able to grasp that being a of certain nationality does not automatically make you to blame for the atrocities commited by that country in the past. AKA really dumb people.
I literally just told you the reasons, and what do you mean by "not hardly spoken"? And cool, I got A*s in both English and German and that's STILL not the point: you're just a bitter xenophobe making random assertions. The German flag is only divisive to people not being able to grasp that being a of certain nationality does not automatically make you to blame for the atrocities commited by that country in the past. AKA really dumb people.

You really have no idea that I am taking the piss, do you, look at my avatar ffs. LMAO, what do you think my avatar is...............

Plus according to the Germans, you should be ashamed of their past......... and being German, though you're not. Patriotism in Germany is frowned upon...though if you're a foreigner they can't really say much, but why would you, want to be patriotic of such a spineless, self loathing country and people?
Plus according to the Germans, you should be ashamed of their past......... and being German, though you're not. Patriotism in Germany is frowned upon...though if you're a foreigner they can't really say much, but why would you, want to be patriotic of such a spineless, self loathing country and people?

I know how diminished Nationalstolz is in Germany. And I'm not patriotic of Germany, good god. How can I be, if I'm not German? I simply love the language. It's an academic thing, not a political thing. And yeah, about that. Why do you have a Stahlgwitter logo as your avatar?
I know how diminished Nationalstolz is in Germany. And I'm not patriotic of Germany, good god. How can I be, if I'm not German? I simply love the language. It's an academic thing, not a political thing. And yeah, about that. Why do you have a Stahlgwitter logo as your avatar?

Haha, at least you know it, because I like the music. I do speak a bit of German since I have a few german friends and learnt some of the language, it's a nice language. Academic thing.. seems a bit pointless to me lol.

Expect to get called racist and a xenophobe for that avatar :wink:

Oh plus, I love the picture, 3 patriotic males that are at war... emotionless and rational, with a selfless approach to things.
Haha, at least you know it, because I like the music. I do speak a bit of German since I have a few german friends and learnt some of the language, it's a nice language. Academic thing.. seems a bit pointless to me lol.

Quoting me with "nazi racist fascist" was a pretty pointless starting point, if you ask me
Quoting me with "nazi racist fascist" was a pretty pointless starting point, if you ask me

It's what the left would say :smile:, I said it for fun. Have you heard of Landser?
It's what the left would say :smile:, I said it for fun. Have you heard of Landser?

...Are YOU a neo-nazi? What is your obsession with nazi-related rock bands? I'm confused about your stance on this whole thing.
...Are YOU a neo-nazi? What is your obsession with nazi-related rock bands? I'm confused about your stance on this whole thing.

Well I'm not really anywhere on the political spectrum, but I like the sound of the music and tbf I hate grime music and modern society and I do distrust Jews considering their positions of power and influence.

eg I am not a white supremacist, but I will hate an unpatriotic white person but like a patriotic brown/black person.
Well I'm not really anywhere on the political spectrum, but I like the sound of the music and tbf I hate grime music and modern society and I do distrust Jews considering their positions of power and influence.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending