The Student Room Group

Would you find this annoying?

Hi

I started getting to know someone romantically around 2 months ago. We both went to the same university (although I have finished now) he's in the year below me.

He comes from a different city that is around 3 hours away, so whilst he's at home for summer we can't really see each other.

We keep in contact via text a lot but his texting/calling habits have started to get on my nerves.

He will start conversations with me and then just stop replying. I've noticed the last couple of weeks he's stopped texting me around 2 in the afternoon as he says he's "going to the gym", everyday and then I literally don't hear from him until the next morning.

I thought I'd play him at his own game and take hours to reply back to him, he literally blew up my phone all night saying he hopes I'm ok, please talk to him etc etc. I didn't, I left it about 12 hours.

Idk I just feel that I'm kind of there at his disposal because as soon as he contacts me I'm straight there, texting and calling and all giving him attention.

I understand that he has a life but it's making me a bit insecure or feel a bit mugged off I suppose. Why initiate a conversation with me and then not reply?

Why some days seem really interested in me and then the next be like nah I cba with you?

Does he just like the attention or is he just a ****ing idiot?
Original post by Anonymous
Hi

I started getting to know someone romantically around 2 months ago. We both went to the same university (although I have finished now) he's in the year below me.

He comes from a different city that is around 3 hours away, so whilst he's at home for summer we can't really see each other.

We keep in contact via text a lot but his texting/calling habits have started to get on my nerves.

He will start conversations with me and then just stop replying. I've noticed the last couple of weeks he's stopped texting me around 2 in the afternoon as he says he's "going to the gym", everyday and then I literally don't hear from him until the next morning.

I thought I'd play him at his own game and take hours to reply back to him, he literally blew up my phone all night saying he hopes I'm ok, please talk to him etc etc. I didn't, I left it about 12 hours.

Idk I just feel that I'm kind of there at his disposal because as soon as he contacts me I'm straight there, texting and calling and all giving him attention.

I understand that he has a life but it's making me a bit insecure or feel a bit mugged off I suppose. Why initiate a conversation with me and then not reply?

Why some days seem really interested in me and then the next be like nah I cba with you?

Yes it sounds like he may be doing it for the attention- not replying for ages but expecting you to reply straight away. It's almost as if he's trying to hide the fact he's being kind of needy but when you played him at his own game he actually exposed himself lol :biggrin:

I think it would be perfectly reasonable to ask him why he got so freaked when you didn't text him for a few hours, when he doesn't text for ages pretty much all the time :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Hi

extremely possible
He's playing with you and doesn't like it when you play the same game,back. Leave his sulking ass be
Cringed as soon as your phone 'blew up'. How clingy of him.
That would piss me off too. I reply when I've got two minutes. That sometimes means I'm having a text conversation. And sometimes, I may take a few hours.

Quick Reply