The Student Room Group

Men, would you rather marry a nurse or a doctor?

Truthfully, would you rather your wife be a nurse or a doctor? Why?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Doctor they get paid more
Why wouldn't they?
What would it matter?
Because the most important thing to look for in a potential partner is obviously their job :colonhash:
Reply 5
I wouldn't care

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Namita Gurung
Because the most important thing to look for in a potential partner is obviously their job :colonhash:

:rofl:
Reply 7
I'm surprised at the responses. There is a lot of rivalry in the real world.*
Reply 8
Nurse, then we can play doctor. :colone:
Reply 9
Naughty nurse plz. :teehee:
Doctor, so we can play nurse :colone:
Depends on the person? I would date a McDonalds worker if she had the personality / looks.
Waits for all the sexy nurse jokes

EDIT: Oh wait, they begun already...

Original post by Marshall Taylor
Doctor, so we can play nurse
Original post by stefano865
Naughty nurse plz.
Original post by spanker
Nurse, then we can play doctor.
(edited 7 years ago)
Depends on the guy. Female drs have a role in authority and put their career first so you don't always see them at home. Nurses tend to be more youthful and nurturing in nature.

Original post by joecphillips
Doctor they get paid more

They do indeed but they have be trained atleast a decade before they can start earning properly, not to mention coming out with loads of debt. Whereas a nurse would have been funded throughout the training and earning a decent amount after 3 years.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ~scorpio~

They do indeed but they have be trained atleast a decade before they can start earning properly, not to mention coming out with loads of debt. Whereas a nurse would have been funded throughout the training and earning a decent amount after 3 years.

Seems a bit stingy. Most people would consider even a new doctor's salary as quite decent relative to the rest of the population.
Original post by Etomidate
Seems a bit stingy. Most people would consider even a new doctor's salary as quite decent relative to the rest of the population.

Their starting salary is the same as a nurse, and that's even after 5 years of hard work and intense workload. For what they do they should be paid a lot more than 23k.
Prefer a chef :fatcontroller:
Original post by Anonymous
Their starting salary is the same as a nurse, and that's even after 5 years of hard work and intense workload. For what they do they should be paid a lot more than 23k.

Junior doctors are paid about £29k in their first year (national average is £26-27k). That's more than a first year staff nurse.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by Etomidate
Junior doctors are paid about £29k in their first year (national average is £26-27k). That's more than a first year staff nurse.

I think they meant F1/F2 :smile:
Original post by Desi123
I think they meant F1/F2 :smile:

As do I. Hence I said first year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending