The Student Room Group

The Witcher 3 with 4GB of RAM – odds on?

Here’s my specs.

Attachment not found
Attachment not found

Am I totally naïve for believing I might be able to run this lovely fantastic immersive game? (can you tell I’m a big fan) (and it’s half off in the steam sale) (still expensive but lmao)

It’s either buying TW3 or maybe an AC game. If not I’m still buying Borderlands 1 and 2 so eh, not missed out or anything.

Thanks for your help! :smile:
Original post by Saeedpoppa
I don't think your PC would be able to run this game, at least not a playable framerate or decent graphics setting. Your CPU is a little slow. 4GB of RAM definitely isn't enough (when I play The Witcher 3 it's normally using around 2-3GB). And finally, you're running integrated graphics, which isn't really supposed to be running games, let alone games like The Witcher 3.

Thank you for your reply! Fair dos, it was a bit of a pipe-dream tbh :innocent: Had a look at videos of TW3 using 4GB RAM and it didn't look... too bad, bit of stuttering but I can't get a refund if it doesn't work. :/ I guess that's where the Origin Great Game Guarantee comes in as superior. That would really help in this instance.

My integrated graphics does do better than it should, I can run Dragon Age: Inquisition with nice graphics (can't remember specifics as I haven't loaded it up in a while, I do remember being nervous about the settings I put it at however), I can run Overwatch, quite a few other games that System Requirements Lab tells me should break my laptop. :colondollar:

Thank you again!
Reply 2
Original post by liomeeringca
Thank you for your reply! Fair dos, it was a bit of a pipe-dream tbh :innocent: Had a look at videos of TW3 using 4GB RAM and it didn't look... too bad, bit of stuttering but I can't get a refund if it doesn't work. :/ I guess that's where the Origin Great Game Guarantee comes in as superior. That would really help in this instance.

My integrated graphics does do better than it should, I can run Dragon Age: Inquisition with nice graphics (can't remember specifics as I haven't loaded it up in a while, I do remember being nervous about the settings I put it at however), I can run Overwatch, quite a few other games that System Requirements Lab tells me should break my laptop. :colondollar:

Thank you again!

I am actually extremely suprised your Integrated graphics has managed so well so far.

My old laptop had 8gb Ram and a GT975M (2GB) = Witcher 3 on lowest settings at 40 to 20 fps (big variation depinding on environment)

My new one with a GTX980M (8GB) runs it on ultra at 60 - 45, but only with Hairworks turned off.

your Integrated graphics is impressive for what it has managed to be honest.

Quick Reply

Latest