The Student Room Group

Applied for student finance late

Scroll to see replies

(I m not condoning anyone doing this and this was student finance Wales) If I could apply on results day and my tution paid on time then you shouldn't panic yet.
Reply 21
Original post by claireestelle
(I m not condoning anyone doing this and this was student finance Wales) If I could apply on results day and my tution paid on time then you shouldn't panic yet.

As I said, the universities are very used to students [DEL] not getting their arse in gear [/DEL] having other priorities.

:wink:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by jneill
As I said, the universities are very used to students :not getting their arse in gear: having other priorities.

:wink:

In my defence I didn't think I d get a place but indeed they are:tongue:
Reply 23
Original post by claireestelle
In my defence I didn't think I d get a place but indeed they are:tongue:

:smile:

(And how do I get strikethrough to work - very frustrating...! )
Reply 24
Original post by Fleming1928
I have applied but cannot send any form of ID until August :s-smilie:If you think about it, there are many people who will be applying after results day as some people were never planning on going to uni but after getting surprisingly good grades they change their minds, student finance will still be open for them and it's their job to make sure everyone gets the money they need before starting uni in september. You have nothing to worry about :smile:

It's not their job to make sure everyone gets it on time. That's exactly why they have deadlines. It's only their job to make sure that people who applied on time get the application sorted before September. They have priority. And then it is just their job to process applications. The applications done after the deadline will just be processed as they go in the usual 6week time if all evidence required is in. If they need to request more evidence to make sure of something, they will keep doing it even if it takes 2-3 months.
Mine took like a week --- weird
Reply 26
Original post by fefssdf
Mine took like a week --- weird

It depends on how clear your application is and luck. Some will be processed in a few days, some take the 6 weeks and some slip through.

I haven't heard anything about mine for 2 months after applying. Called then up and got told that they have received it but for whatever reason no one actually looked at it. Safe to say, was really annoyed
Original post by Devify
It depends on how clear your application is and luck. Some will be processed in a few days, some take the 6 weeks and some slip through.

I haven't heard anything about mine for 2 months after applying. Called then up and got told that they have received it but for whatever reason no one actually looked at it. Safe to say, was really annoyed

Damn I must've been really lucky - I think I sent my off like a week after it opened so manube that's why it was quick cause I sent it off earlier but I needed the full loan so suprised they didn't do more checks - you have ages till uni though so don't worry too much :smile:
Reply 28
Original post by fefssdf
Damn I must've been really lucky - I think I sent my off like a week after it opened so manube that's why it was quick cause I sent it off earlier but I needed the full loan so suprised they didn't do more checks - you have ages till uni though so don't worry too much :smile:

Oh, mine was sorted eventually. I did have to constantly make calls tho. I applied like 2 days after it opened up. But first they didn't process it, then sent it to the wrong department. Then they 'sent' me a form to fill out that never came. Specifically called and asked if I could print it off somewhere. Got told 2 times that no, I could not and have to wait. Then 2 weeks later got sent an application form instead of the one I needed and got told that yes, it's online and I could've done it 2 weeks ago...
But it did get sorted eventually tho and I'm getting the max.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Devify
Oh, mine was sorted eventually. I did have to constantly make calls tho. I applied like 2 days after it opened up. But first they didn't process it, then sent it to the wrong department. Then they 'sent' me a form to fill out that never came. Specifically called and asked if I could print it off somewhere. Got told 2 times that no, I could not and have to wait. Then 2 weeks later got sent an application form instead of the one I needed and got told that yes, it's online and I could've done it 2 weeks ago...
But it did get sorted eventually tho and I'm getting the max.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The people at student finance seem like such morons TBH
Reply 30
Original post by fefssdf
The people at student finance seem like such morons TBH

Unfortunately, quite a few of them are. I think they probably hire quite a few extra temp people for when the applications for the new year open up. So they have a bunch of barely trained people there. Cause I think it would be a waste of their money to have same amount of people answering calls all the time considering most calls come in over the summer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending