The Student Room Group

Does my current uni grades affect my new uni entry requirements?

I decided to do my 1st year of university studying Maths at Middlesex and retaking my a levels at the same time within this academic year. I got a conditional offer from Leicester university (Jan 2016) in wanting AAB. I worked so hard for my A levels and checked unofficial mark schemes and know that I'm confident in meeting their entry requirement for 1st year (which is where I want to go).

My question is that does my grades at Middlesex matter to Leicester or not? They didn't specify anything about Middlesex and only care about my A level grades.
Thanks!
Original post by ExplicitAI
I decided to do my 1st year of university studying Maths at Middlesex and retaking my a levels at the same time within this academic year. I got a conditional offer from Leicester university (Jan 2016) in wanting AAB. I worked so hard for my A levels and checked unofficial mark schemes and know that I'm confident in meeting their entry requirement for 1st year (which is where I want to go).

My question is that does my grades at Middlesex matter to Leicester or not? They didn't specify anything about Middlesex and only care about my A level grades.
Thanks!

Did you declare your uni year to Leicester? You ll only know if it matters by asking them.
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
Did you declare your uni year to Leicester? You ll only know if it matters by asking them.

I've applied for 1st year like a normal A level student with all the predicted grades, personal statement etc. Only thing is that I studied A levels completed 1st year of uni (middlesex) in one year this year.

The UCAS conditional offer was just based on my A levels and I highly doubt that they care about Middlesex's grade although I'm a bit cautious.
I've applied for 1st year like a normal A level student with all the predicted grades, personal statement etc. Only thing is that I studied A levels completed 1st year of uni (middlesex) in one year this year.

The UCAS conditional offer was just based on my A levels and I highly doubt that they care about Middlesex's grade although I'm a bit cautious.

So you haven't put your Middlesex grades on your application at all?
Reply 4
Original post by claireestelle
So you haven't put your Middlesex grades on your application at all?

No all I put for Middlesex on my UCAS was that I was attending the uni but I won't receive any qualifications at the end of the year.
No all I put for Middlesex on my UCAS was that I was attending the uni but I won't receive any qualifications at the end of the year.

Contact your new university and ask them if they need a transcript or information about your current course.

If you pass any modules then you will receive university credit which is a qualification. If you pass 120 credits worth of modules then you should speak to Middlesex to claim your CertHE qualification for passing these modules (http://www.mdx.ac.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0021/205284/Undergraduate-Taught-Programmesv1.pdf )
Reply 6
Original post by PQ
Contact your new university and ask them if they need a transcript or information about your current course.

If you pass any modules then you will receive university credit which is a qualification. If you pass 120 credits worth of modules then you should speak to Middlesex to claim your CertHE qualification for passing these modules (http://www.mdx.ac.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0021/205284/Undergraduate-Taught-Programmesv1.pdf )

Ooh that sounds pretty good, I'll defo get that checked out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending