The Student Room Group

Do you plan on getting married?

I was just curious about what people's opinion was on marriage was. Do you feel like you have to get married? Or do you simply want to get married? What does marriage mean to you?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Personally its more of a 'have to do it' thing. If i knew i would die at 40, i'd be content to not marry. But I'd rather not grow alone without a SO.
Reply 2
I want to get married like why tf wouldnt you
I don't judge anyone for their choices when it comes to marriage and relationships, but for me personally I would love to get married one day. :smile: Not just for the sake of it though, as it would obviously have to be with the right person. I can't really pinpoint reasons for why I have this need but I think it all comes down to a sub-conscious desire to care and nurture, and be cared for in the same respect. I can understand why some people wouldn't want to get married though and I don't blame them for it. It's totally their choice.
I don't mind either way, I think marriage is quite a nice idea but it's not something that I'm necessarily working towards, plus I'd need to find someone who wants to marry me which seems unlikely lol
Reply 5
Okay, lets look at this slightly differently - would you be content to be with someone for say 20 years, but not get married? Does marriage make it 'final' to you?

Also, do you think experience in life can deter you from it? For example, your parents have split up. Would that make you less likely to get married?
In my religion, we can only be in a relationship through marriage. Not outside of it.
I do plan to get married because I want to be in a long term relationship with someone I love obviously.
I'll get married when Im financially improving and when Ive found someone I like. Hopefully soon in a couple of years.
(edited 7 years ago)
I can't imagine being 30 and still not married. I would definitely like to get married
I don't mind.

I think being married is overrated.

There is so much you can do being single as opposed to being married with kids.
Original post by Blondie987
I don't mind either way, I think marriage is quite a nice idea but it's not something that I'm necessarily working towards, plus I'd need to find someone who wants to marry me which seems unlikely lol

Why? Are you a TSR troll? :tongue:
Id like to get married at somepoint, but to the right person.
The only problem is that im not sure that theres anyone in the world who wants to even to on a date with me, let alone marry me! :frown:
Reply 11
Nope.

I like the concept, but as a male in our current society I stand to lose everything: the kids, the house, the car and half my income, regardless of if she decides to divorce me or cheats on me etc. I cant win. I'd probably have a ceremony and take vows but I wouldnt sign the actual contract. (though the tax break sounds nice)

And before you mention prenups - its not legally binding and courts dont give a damn about them unless you earn a significant amount, which I currently dont.
I'm getting married next month. It is more of a want to than have to. I think by not getting married, you are leaving yourself an easy way out. I prefer to be committed.
With any luck, I want to raise children and children are proven to be raised best in a stable family environment, which marriage is almost necessary to allow. Also, I like the idea too.
Reply 14
Original post by FireFreezer77
Id like to get married at somepoint, but to the right person.
The only problem is that im not sure that theres anyone in the world who wants to even to on a date with me, let alone marry me! :frown:

Come on, someone even married Donald Trump! :tongue: I'm joking, but believe me I used to think like that all the time and I've now been in a relationship for three years. All it takes is one moment and BAM you're in a relationship and discussing baby names :u:
Im 16 AND WOULD LIKE TO GET MARRIED BY 21
Reply 16
The only reason I'd want to get married is for the legal aspects.. I think if you love and are content being with someone, then a piece of paper isn't going to make a difference to how you feel about each other in a relationship.
hell no
Original post by PugDevil
I was just curious about what people's opinion was on marriage was. Do you feel like you have to get married? Or do you simply want to get married? What does marriage mean to you?

Yes :yes:

I'm aiming to get married in 4 days :h:

Thank you for the congrat's that are about to come my way :biggrin:
Original post by PrincessBO$$
Im 16 AND WOULD LIKE TO GET MARRIED BY 21

Please reconsider?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending