The Student Room Group

Best game you've played since you started gaming?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by eternaforest
Professah!!!!! :laugh:
Are you a gamecube fanboy as well :colondollar: I really wanna get thousand year door. I have mario kart double dash and super smash bros melee, theyre the best in their series :biggrin:
Which is your favourite professor layton?

Gamecube was my era :laugh: Sadly I've forgotten a lot of what I played though. Omg your so lucky, I wish I was 7 again :bawling: I still remember the Mushroom City course, my favourite soundtrack :moon:

My favourite is Lost Future, the first I've ever played, I just loved the storyline and everything :biggrin: I haven't played Spectre's Call or Azran Legacy (is there one after as well?) I need to play these!!! What your's?
This doesn't totally fit with the nostalgia theme of this thread but in terms of 'Best game since you started gaming', Hexcells Infinite has to be right near the top of my list. It's easily the most addictive puzzler I've ever played (82 hrs on Steam so far), and it's ambient and reactive soundtrack is a literal lullaby, thoroughly recommend it to any and all.
Reply 122
So far the best game I've played is Dragon Age: Inquisition, I really like a game with a good storyline :smile:

When I first started playing games though I started with Runescape before my brother redirected me to Oblivion when I was about 10 or 11, which I became completely obsessed with and then waited years for skyrim to come out XD I've also played a lot of sims over the years, although mainly 3 and 4. I'm basically a PC gamer who to be honest is pretty terrible at most games (hence why I don't play online, I'd embarrass myself XD) but I also enjoy games like animal crossing (which I am currently binging) and the pokemon series, although I've only been play that since diamond and pearl :smile:
Original post by PugDevil
This is a bit of a nostalgia thread, but the question is simple. Since you have been gaming what is the best/most memorable game that you have played? If you have more than one then do mention more! Also, if you have a favourite developer (e.g. Naughty Dog) then include that too.

Personally, the most memorable game I remember playing is TimeSplitter: Future Perfect. Crazy that it came out in 2005 :redface: As for the best developer, it has to be Bethesda. They produce the best open world games in my opinion!

As for the best game I have played recently, it has to be Witcher 3. The amount of detail in that game is just :adore:

This changes over time - right now, I think it is probably Metroid Prime on Gamecube. Really amazing atmosphere, especially the first and third ones.
Original post by Peppercrunch
Skyrim, or Pokemon Emerald (the first game I played, back in 2005). I feel so old...

You played Emerald and you feel old. So, I am guessing you have never played the original game. :colonhash:
Original post by Juichiro
You played Emerald and you feel old. So, I am guessing you have never played the original game. :colonhash:

Were the original ones Red & Blue?
Original post by Wilfred Little
Were the original ones Red & Blue?

Outside Japan, yeah.
Original post by Captain Jack
This changes over time - right now, I think it is probably Metroid Prime on Gamecube. Really amazing atmosphere, especially the first and third ones.

The first one is solely responsible for me failing my year 9 SATS (I obviously accept no personal responsibility).

The trilogy re-release on Wii was a revelation.
I really love the Halo series and Halo: Combat Evolved in particular, especially the anniversary edition! Switching between old and new graphics was fun. I also love Skyrim, American McGee's Alice and Grim Fandango.

In terms of nostalgia, I have fond memories of playing MediEvil, Spyro The Dragon and Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee on PS1 and Crazy Taxi and GTA: Vice City on PS2. The Sims (Makin' Magic in particular) also has a special place in my heart! I love so many games. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
[QUOTE=Juichiro;66260015]You played Emerald and you feel old. So, I am guessing you have never played the original game. :colonhash:

Nope :3. Wow, you must be old :biggrin:
That was released in 1996 though. I wasn't even around until 1997.

The oldest one I played was Pokemon Yellow, although I played that after Emerald.
Super Metroid stands head and shoulders infront of the rest for me.

Honourable mentions to: MGS3, Spyro, Crash 2, Fallout: New Vegas, Assassin's Creed 2, Baldur's Gate, Mass Effect 2, Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask and even more are truly great games which skip my mind
Future Perfect was AMAZING. I have to agree.

But my all time favourite has to be Borderlands 2 - great gameplay coupled with a universe full of wit and nerd-culture references.
Fallout three, fall out four and Call of duty black opps

Access to HE in Social Work

BSc Health and Social Care - pending
Original post by Kamara7
Gamecube was my era :laugh: Sadly I've forgotten a lot of what I played though. Omg your so lucky, I wish I was 7 again :bawling: I still remember the Mushroom City course, my favourite soundtrack :moon:

My favourite is Lost Future, the first I've ever played, I just loved the storyline and everything :biggrin: I haven't played Spectre's Call or Azran Legacy (is there one after as well?) I need to play these!!! What your's?

Mario kart double dash has the best soundtrack :biggrin: and wow my first one was Lost Future haha and it's my favourite as well. I've played them all but not completed azran legacy yet. That's the last in the series although there is a spin-off game with ace attorney as well. Spectre's call is pretty good but the ones on 3ds aren't as good imo. The puzzles get a bit repetitive and i miss the old 2D graphics :frown: at least the cutscenes are 2D!
Witcher 3 hands down, 500 hours and still going strong (haven't even touched the 2nd DLC yet)

Looks and runs incredible on my laptop.

And the music - **** me - actually one of my favourite music playlists ever aswell.
Reply 135
Original post by Pav94an
Witcher 3 hands down, 500 hours and still going strong (haven't even touched the 2nd DLC yet)

Looks and runs incredible on my laptop.

And the music - **** me - actually one of my favourite music playlists ever aswell.

Think it could arguably be the best game on this generation :bigsmile:
Too many to pick a favorite.
Think it could arguably be the best game on this generation :bigsmile:

I actualy listen to the soundtrack when im in the gym :biggrin:

Its so God like.

I was a fan of Witcher 2, that was a good game.
But 3 is something else entirely - actually got me to buy and read all of the Witcher books, so I could see the entire story. (And I hadn't read a book in years lol )
Reply 138
Original post by OnTheHorizon
Too many to pick a favorite.

Bleurghhhh! That's the easy way out :colondollar:

Original post by Pav94an
I actualy listen to the soundtrack when im in the gym :biggrin:

Its so God like.

I was a fan of Witcher 2, that was a good game.
But 3 is something else entirely - actually got me to buy and read all of the Witcher books, so I could see the entire story. (And I hadn't read a book in years lol )

I never played the old Witcher games :frown: But I'm afraid that Skyrim music > Witcher music :colone:

Spoiler

Bleurghhhh! That's the easy way out :colondollar:

I never played the old Witcher games :frown: But I'm afraid that Skyrim music > Witcher music :colone:

Spoiler

No no no no no, :tongue:

Nothing in Skyrim beats this track, and there are many more in the Witcher 3 of this calibre.
[video="youtube;TVE23Gqnlnc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVE23Gqnlnc[/video]

Quick Reply

Latest