The Student Room Group

Photographer? TSR is hiring a freelance student photographer

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Captain Jack
Really I'd like to see photos of student life. It's more about your eye for a good photo subject than they style. For instance, in the past when we've done this people have sent in artful pictures of animals and landscapes, with lots of focus and blurring. They look great in the Spring Watch calendar but really aren't TSR's 'every day and edgy' style. So it's much better to see student stuff. You've probably got good photos of friends or could be a clever photo of a desk or folder that makes it a cool photo.

I've sent you some photos but if they're not right then I can have a look and see if I have more appropriate ones!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Really I'd like to see photos of student life. It's more about your eye for a good photo subject than they style. For instance, in the past when we've done this people have sent in artful pictures of animals and landscapes, with lots of focus and blurring. They look great in the Spring Watch calendar but really aren't TSR's 'every day and edgy' style. So it's much better to see student stuff. You've probably got good photos of friends or could be a clever photo of a desk or folder that makes it a cool photo.

Are ducks edgy enough? I like seeing photos of ducks on campus.

Reply 22
Original post by Snufkin
Are ducks edgy enough? I like seeing photos of ducks on campus.

My photos were so edgy I had to edit out a joint in one

Posted from TSR Mobile
@Captain Jack I'm going to be photographing an educational event next weekend. Will it be too late to send you some more photos then?
Original post by Edminzodo
@Captain Jack I'm going to be photographing an educational event next weekend. Will it be too late to send you some more photos then?

No that's fine - we're just after interesting photos and there is no rush. If you use photos of other people, it's important to have model release forms to be able to use them.
Reply 25
No that's fine - we're just after interesting photos and there is no rush. If you use photos of other people, it's important to have model release forms to be able to use them.

Only if the photos are being used for commercial purposes :wink:
(By the way, when does this close? I need to knows for reasons)

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by RobML
Only if the photos are being used for commercial purposes :wink:
(By the way, when does this close? I need to knows for reasons)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes - we would be using them on TSR though which would be commercial, unless you mean just using them to apply? (which is absolutely fine)

It won't actually ever close because we want a constant stream of people taking part as we need lots of pics :smile:
Jack if you employ RobML I am literally going to come down to Brighton and give you a mini-mental state exam.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
Yes - we would be using them on TSR though which would be commercial, unless you mean just using them to apply? (which is absolutely fine)

It won't actually ever close because we want a constant stream of people taking part as we need lots of pics :smile:

Oh yup; just talking about the photos I used to apply sorry

Sounds exciting!

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you can take one photo representing 'student life' that would be helpful, I'm really looking at people's eye for a good studenty photo at the moment. Can be any taken on iphone or whatever. Looking more at the eye for a good subject over the technical skill.
Reply 30
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
Jack if you employ RobML I am literally going to come down to Brighton and give you a mini-mental state exam.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I love the smell of nepotism in the morning :tongue:
Are you still hiring? I finally have photos!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 32
Original post by Edminzodo
Are you still hiring? I finally have photos!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've had no feedback either

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending