The Student Room Group

Terrorist group kills at least 200 and wounding 300

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BaconandSauce
because they've always been fighting each other

the importation of the fight to the west is a continuation of this (they've tried before and had to be beaten back)

Think of them like the worst red necks in the world

If they have no one to fight they will simply fight themselves as we see here.

Are you stupid? It wasn't a fight, it was an attack on an unsuspecting and innocent group of people.
I don't know who you mean by "them".
Original post by LittleBoxes
Are you stupid? It wasn't a fight, it was an attack on an unsuspecting and innocent group of people.
I don't know who you mean by "them".

Personal attack aside (but don't do it again if you want me to reply)

The Shia \ Sunni fight is well known so perhaps you should swat up a little on this to see it is a continuation of a fight they have had for about 1600 years

And given the context I would have though 'them' would have been obvious
Yes it is

and no I wasn't as I do differentiate between the type types of attacks (Muslims killing Muslims is what they have always done) but Muslims killing concert goes is a new one.

The attack was on shoppers. I know its not as liberal as a concert, in order for it to be considered a barbaric attack but nonetheless people in the UK, France etc shop too. So go on, be horrified, unless you're racist? :rolleyes:
Personal attack aside (but don't do it again if you want me to reply)

The Shia \ Sunni fight is well known so perhaps you should swat up a little on this to see it is a continuation of a fight they have had for about 1600 years

And given the context I would have though 'them' would have been obvious

I have studied Sunni/Shia relations starting from the beginning of the schism. I know they do fight, as you put it. However this is a different situation. This was an attack, the same as ISIS attacks anywhere else in the world.
Original post by sfaraj
13556970_301996593472461_233474279_n.jpg
Attachment not found

#PrayforIraq

A car that held bombs drove into Karada in Baghdad and killed over 200 people with the death tolls increasing by the minute on early Sunday morning. Young people with their whole life ahead of then were burnt whilst shopping in Karada for Eid.

This attack has been labelled the "worst bombing attack in Iraq" by a number of news organisations and several calling it the worst ever.

My cousins husbands friend was one of the many who died, as well as many others who they know personally.

Quite devastating considering that there has been quite low media coverage.

Who cares about Iraq, we have more important things to worry about like keeping our membership of the EU
I have studied Sunni/Shia relations starting from the beginning of the schism. I know they do fight, as you put it. However this is a different situation. This was an attack, the same as ISIS attacks anywhere else in the world.

Then you know blood shed is the norm Can't get excited by the norm I'm afraid.
Haha, I know what you mean, hanger is just the worst! :biggrin:
Were you joking in the aftermath of the Paris attacks too?

People make jokes about all sorts of morbid attacks; Muslims aren't being singled out in the morbid humour.

e.g. I heard a joke someone make "Isn't it ironic that 50 people flat-lined in a club called "Pulse"?"
Original post by XcitingStuart
People make jokes about all sorts of morbid attacks; Muslims aren't being singled out in the morbid humour.

e.g. I heard a joke someone make "Isn't it ironic that 50 people flat-lined in a club called "Pulse"?"

The person I was talking to said they weren't making jokes about Paris.
The person I was talking to said they weren't making jokes about Paris.

Fair play.

But I'm pretty sure out there someone has made a joke about the situation/the event.
Then you know blood shed is the norm Can't get excited by the norm I'm afraid.

Whatever. Agree to disagree.
Original post by Manchester_123
Who cares about Iraq, we have more important things to worry about like keeping our membership of the EU

sure! who cares about the young people who died in a bombing living with no governemnt! lets worry about an issue we created for ourselves and not the innocent lives taken away from this world.

yeah lets worry about the uk and the eu! oh god how will we ever survive with no trade and having to apply for visas to go on holiday! but you know, travel is more important the lives obviously

Spoiler

I'm sorry for your family's loss and for the other victims and their families :frown:

I know that it may seem like no one cares but not all of us are like this. Such an awful thing for Da'esh to do to the people they claim to represent :redrose:

The callous people on this thread make me sick. The lives of Iraqi civilians are worth every bit as much as they are in Paris, Brussels or anywhere else. I will be reporting these people.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by WBZ144

The callous people on this thread make me sick. The lives of Iraqi civilians are worth every bit as much as they are in Paris, Brussels or anywhere else. I will be reporting these people.

Perhaps they need to learn this for themselves given the daily slaughter over there

But reporting people who's opinion you don't like is very childish
The Shia\Sunni fight has been going on for about 1600 years

Don't expect this to end seen

It was DAESH that killed those people. And DAESH can never be truly regarded as sunni's.
Original post by Tawheed
It was DAESH that killed those people. And DAESH can never be truly regarded as sunni's.

Nothing more that the 'no true Scotsman' fallacy

this does not help deal with the issue and I have started questioning the motives of people who make such asinine claims
Perhaps they need to learn this for themselves given the daily slaughter over there

How about they get out of there then?

Ah wait.

But reporting people who's opinion you don't like is very childish

There's a time and place for everything and your posts (along with others here) were classless and in poor taste. It is very ironic to be calling me childish after hijacking a thread someone created to greive his people/family. I rarely report posts but this calls for it.
Original post by WBZ144
There's a time and place for everything and your posts (along with others here) were classless and in poor taste. It is very ironic to be calling me childish after hijacking a thread someone created to greive his people/family. I rarely report posts but this calls for it.

This is a debate forum

Shutting down debate because you don't like it is very dictatorial.

But love how you think YOU are so important you can decide where the time and place is
This is a debate forum

Shutting down debate because you don't like it is very dictatorial.

But love how you think YOU are so important you can decide where the time and place is

If you think that making "jokes" or crass comments about innocent people who were obliterated when all they had done was try to go about their daily shopping counts as "debate" then you are a lost cause.
Original post by WBZ144
If you think that making "jokes" or crass comments about innocent people who were obliterated when all they had done was try to go about their daily shopping counts as "debate" then you are a lost cause.

People deal with the brutality in many different ways so who do you think YOU are to decide for other people the correct way to react?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending