The Student Room Group

Dont know where I stand ?

Right then, this girl I knew from work, she used to flirt with me at first there was always teasing and flirting, then she told me she has a boyfriend. So I stopped the flirting, and spoke to less where she kept asking me why I was talking to her less, I just said if you have a bf I shouldnt be flirting with you. She says we can still talk, I said ok.

Now usually you leave it if a girl is with someone, now she keeps saying, how we have good conversations together. But now she has been quiet, however I dont know where I stand. I only text her here and there. I dont want to go out with her tbh.

But in regards to friendship, thing is she kept talking, and if I didnt talk to her she would always ask why. I dont want her to start arguing with me again saying how I dont talk to her.

I dont know what to do ?

Scroll to see replies

You should just call her and have a talk about it because if it makes you feel uncomfortable and confused then it's not healthy or nice.
I think she's slightly leading you on however I do not know the situation so I can't say for sure. Although it does sound like she's keeping you on her hook a bit.
Also you shouldn't stop talking to somebody because they're in a relationship especially if you have no ulterior motive.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by perspectives
You should just call her and have a talk about it because if it makes you feel uncomfortable and confused then it's not healthy or nice.
I think she's slightly leading you on however I do not know the situation so I can't say for sure. Although it does sound like she's keeping you on her hook a bit.
Also you shouldn't stop talking to somebody because they're in a relationship especially if you have no ulterior motive.

Lol. Forget that im not calling her. I would rather HER not talk to me so it doesnt look bad on my behalf. But anyone i cba. What ever happens, happens. Thats in a friendhsip context.
Why can't you just behave like nothing happened. There's nothing wrong in flirting, until it's just flirting.
She has a boyfriend and seems to only want to be friends with you, I fail to see the confusion? You don't stand anywhere except as a friend. Accept it and move on.
Reply 5
Original post by SophieSmall
She has a boyfriend and seems to only want to be friends with you, I fail to see the confusion? You don't stand anywhere except as a friend. Accept it and move on.

She would flirt with me when she was with him.She broke up with him now.
Reply 6
Original post by LilianWilson
Why can't you just behave like nothing happened. There's nothing wrong in flirting, until it's just flirting.

There is if you're in a relationship
Original post by Anonymous
She would flirt with me when she was with him.She broke up with him now.

Flirting doesn't necessarily mean anything, some people are like that with everyone.

If she is single now you could try asking her out, but it's a bit tacky to jump in there as soon as they have broken up in my opinion.
Reply 8
Flirting doesn't necessarily mean anything, some people are like that with everyone.

If she is single now you could try asking her out, but it's a bit tacky to jump in there as soon as they have broken up in my opinion.

No I dont want to go out with her. Thats what im saying.
Reply 9

Flirting does mean things, I know girls who would never flirt if they had a bf, because you dont do that if your in a relationship.
No I dont want to go out with her. Thats what im saying.

Then what is the point in this thread?

Don't ask her out then and ignore the flirting/ don't flirt back...it's not rocket science.

Flirting does mean things, I know girls who would never flirt if they had a bf, because you dont do that if your in a relationship.
Depends on the person and the couple. I personally would not flirt while in a relationship, but I know couples who are perfectly happy for their partners to flirt if they're both comfortable with it, trust each other and know where to draw the line.Don't assume to know the intentions of others, you'll often make a fool of yourself.
Then what is the point in this thread?

Don't ask her out then and ignore the flirting/ don't flirt back...it's not rocket science.

.Don't assume to know the intentions of others, you'll often make a fool of yourself.

I just dont want it to be awkward. For some reason I feel better if she doesnt talk to me, that way there's no excuse. If I stop talking to her it can look weird.

It depends on what the person says, I did speak to others about it too.
She might not even be flirting with you I know loads of people like that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

What about the fact that she says, I like talking to you, I like being with you, 'dont go, dont leave me', are you going to miss me....you have a pretty face, keep my key chain as you can remember me when you miss me.

There's more. Plus other people were saying it was flirting.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You know loads of people like what ?
Flirty people that don't think they're flirting with you they just are like that to everyone.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Flirty people that don't think they're flirting with you they just are like that to everyone.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What about the stuff she said, that I wrote is that not flirting ? You wouldnt do that if you had a bf.
You are making more of it than there is. Accept sophies first post and move on.
Original post by 999tigger
You are making more of it than there is. Accept sophies first post and move on.

OMG you lot dont even know the full story. What about the other people who said she was flirting...I havent wrote everything on here. Like I said I just didnt want it to be awkward, im not interested anymore.

Yeah lets just leave it as it is and what ever happens, happens.

Thread over thanks for your replies jeez
OMG you lot dont even know the full story. What about the other people who said she was flirting...I havent wrote everything on here. Like I said I just didnt want it to be awkward, im not interested anymore.

Yeah lets just leave it as it is and what ever happens, happens.

Thread over thanks for your replies jeez

We arent mindreaders. If you dont include details then how cna we possibly take it into consideration? Ridiculous.

She has a bf, just stay out and find your own gf. What is hard to understand about that? You sipposedly arent even interested.

Latest

Trending

Trending