The Student Room Group

Prom starts in a few hours

And I really really really don't want to go.

Dancing, music, drinking, people. My idea of hell. How on Earth did I let myself be bullied into this?

I have a pretty good idea of what it will be like, due to the prom I attended two years ago which I hated. This one will be in the same venue with the same people, only difference is there will be alcohol - yet another thing I hate. So if anything, I will enjoy this prom less.

That is all. Just needed to make this thread in order to wallow in self pity for a few moments.
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

You're not going to wear *that* dress again?
Original post by Platopus
And I really really really don't want to go.

Dancing, music, drinking, people. My idea of hell. How on Earth did I let myself be bullied into this?

That is all. Just needed to make this thread in order to wallow in self pity for a few moments.

Lol who are you? John Stewart Mill?! :rofl: You'll be fine, don't worry.
Reply 3
Original post by shawn_o1
You're not going to wear *that* dress again?

No I am not. I'm wearing a full let the dress and, if you must know, a stick on bra
If you don't want to go, you don't need to go. Though if you promised to go with someone, I'd say you ought to go.
Reply 5
Original post by SubZero~
Lol who are you? John Stewart Mill?! :rofl:

No, he is both a man and dead. Besides other differences, of course.
Reply 6
Original post by SeanFM
If you don't want to go, you don't need to go. Though if you promised to go with someone, I'd say you ought to go.

I do because
1) peer pressure
2 hate wasting money
No, he is both a man and dead. Besides other differences, of course.

You'll enjoy yourself, don't worry. :h:
Reply 8
Original post by SubZero~
You'll enjoy yourself, don't worry. :hug:

I won't. I hated last prom and every party I've ever been to. But thanks.
Just go have a good time with your friends, you may never have this oppurtunity again, and you may end up liking it anyway xD
I won't. I hated last prom and every party I've ever been to. But thanks.

Alright, no worries.
Can I tell you that on my prom, I hated the idea of going however I can honestly say I will never forget it. By the end of the evening nobody wanted to leave. Possibly one of the only things one will remember after years, about his education days. Just try your best and enjoy it as much as you can. It may take some hours to relax however if you really don't like staying you can always say that you have you leave.

I wish you good luck and I really do hope you enjoy it :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
I do because
1) peer pressure
2 hate wasting money

Resist peer pressure. :hand:

But the money bit I get.

Those kinds of scenes can be incredibly awkward, I feel you. It'll feel like forever while you're there but over before you know it.
Reply 13
Original post by SuperHuman98
Just go have a good time with your friends, you may never have this oppurtunity again, and you may end up liking it anyway xD

My idea of a good time is pretty much the polar opposite to prom :s-smilie:
You could always just eat all the food
Reply 15
Original post by Sgt.Golden
Can I tell you that on my prom, I hated the idea of going however I can honestly say I will never forget it. By the end of the evening nobody wanted to leave. Possibly one of the only things one will remember after years, about his education days. Just try your best and enjoy it as much as you can. It may take some hours to relax however if you really don't like staying you can always say that you have you leave.

I with you good luck and I really do hope you enjoy it :smile:

Hmm. I have a pretty good idea of what it will be like, due to the prom I attended two years ago and I hated that. This one will be in the same venue with the same people, only difference is there will be alcohol - yet another thing I hate. So if anything, I will enjoy this prom less.
I do because
1) peer pressure
2 hate wasting money

Either way the money's already down the drain

1) you go and have a bad time = waste of money
2) you don't go = waste of money (but the advantage of this is you don't waste your time)
I was considering staying home but I went anyways. It turned out to be amazing.
Reply 18
Original post by SeanFM
Resist peer pressure. :hand:

But the money bit I get.

Those kinds of scenes can be incredibly awkward, I feel you. It'll feel like forever while you're there but over before you know it.

Yeah the money bit is actually the thing I'm most concerned with. I spent the minimum I could but I still feel like having bought a dress and heels, I need to wear them. And it's been too long since I bought them to get a refund.
Reply 19
Original post by SuperHuman98
You could always just eat all the food

That thought would cheer me up but there won't be any food. All the money was spent on buying alcohol.

Quick Reply

Latest