The Student Room Group

Prom starts in a few hours

Scroll to see replies

I had similar thoughts before my prom too, but I'm really glad I went now. You'll enjoy yourself a lot more once you're there, you've relaxed a little bit and you can get dancing :smile: It's a really good experience and you'll remember it for years, by the end of the night you'll be glad you made the decision to go, trust me :smile:
Reply 21
Original post by Student403
Either way the money's already down the drain

1) you go and have a bad time = waste of money
2) you don't go = waste of money (but the advantage of this is you don't waste your time)

Sigh. Your logic makes sense but - but... The money.
Reply 22
Original post by saraxh
I was considering staying home but I went anyways. It turned out to be amazing.

Original post by Kanairee
I had similar thoughts before my prom too, but I'm really glad I went now. You'll enjoy yourself a lot more once you're there, you've relaxed a little bit and you can get dancing :smile: It's a really good experience and you'll remember it for years, by the end of the night you'll be glad you made the decision to go, trust me :smile:

May I direct you both to what I said above:

Original post by Platopus
Hmm. I have a pretty good idea of what it will be like, due to the prom I attended two years ago and I hated that. This one will be in the same venue with the same people, only difference is there will be alcohol - yet another thing I hate. So if anything, I will enjoy this prom less.
That thought would cheer me up but there won't be any food. All the money was spent on buying alcohol.

I just went to mine. I didn't want to go. I loved it, we mixed up two schools (one 95% boys, one 95% girls), and I met a really nice girl and had a great time with my friends.

Go mate, you will regret it if you don't.
Sigh. Your logic makes sense but - but... The money.

I do feel for you - i was in your position a couple of months ago
Reply 25
Original post by TercioOfParma
I just went to mine. I didn't want to go. I loved it, we mixed up two schools (one 95% boys, one 95% girls), and I met a really nice girl and had a great time with my friends.

Go mate, you will regret it if you don't.

But as I said above:
Hmm. I have a pretty good idea of what it will be like, due to the prom I attended two years ago and I hated that. This one will be in the same venue with the same people, only difference is there will be alcohol - yet another thing I hate. So if anything, I will enjoy this prom less.
May I direct you both to what I said above:

If you don't want to go you do't have to.

Spoiler

But as I said above:

Have you got anything better to do though? I mean, I'm not too keen on booze and I still liked it, although I did get pretty buzzed.
Reply 28
Original post by saraxh
If you don't want to go you do't have to.

Spoiler

But I hated the last one which was in the same venue as this one and everything so I don't see how this one will be different. But thanks for trying to console me.
Reply 29
Original post by TercioOfParma
Have you got anything better to do though? I mean, I'm not too keen on booze and I still liked it, although I did get pretty buzzed.

To me, anything would be better. I could be reading my book, for example and it's killing me that I can't!
I didn't go to either of mine, despite people telling me how much I missed and how I should've picked up my award etc I just can't bring myself to care, if you truly don't want to go you don't have to

Posted from TSR Mobile
But I hated the last one which was in the same venue as this one and everything so I don't see how this one will be different. But thanks for trying to console me.

You could also go there for 10 minutes and leave if you hate it.
Reply 32
Original post by drandy76
I didn't go to either of mine, despite people telling me how much I missed and how I should've picked up my award etc I just can't bring myself to care, if you truly don't want to go you don't have to

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thing is, I bought a ticket and dress and I hate wasting money
Have fun I guess :smile: You might end up enjoying it, who knows?
Reply 34
Original post by saraxh
You could also go there for 10 minutes and leave if you hate it.

True. As it is, I've booked a taxi to collect me at 10:30pm so I'm only staying for 2 1/2 hours. I don't care if that rude.
Reply 35
Original post by loveleest
Have fun I guess :smile: You might end up enjoying it, who knows?

Who knows indeed, thanks.
True. As it is, I've booked a taxi to collect me at 10:30pm so I'm only staying for 2 1/2 hours. I don't care if that rude.

aw I don't think we were allowed to do that at our prom because it was in a boat lol :frown:
Reply 37
Monday is a very odd day to have a prom, i'm guessing it's cheaper to hire a venue.
Thing is, I bought a ticket and dress and I hate wasting money

You can always get more I guess, it's a trade off between money lost/your desire not to go, if you dislike of wasting money is greater then go, although I assume the dress can be returned?

Posted from TSR Mobile
To me, anything would be better. I could be reading my book, for example and it's killing me that I can't!

What went so badly the last time?

Quick Reply

Latest