The Student Room Group

What's the point?

What's the point of a relationship?

It's over glamorised fam.

Relationships are just bleak and depressing. The constant ups and downs, personality clash,the boring and lifeless conversations, dealing with their bad days when they aren't "in the mood" and having to spend so much money on taxi fares and meals. When in reality the end result is what we all really want to do, is pardon my French but get laid!!

Nothing more, everything else is a nuisance and a burden.

Nah, it's not worth it bruv.:sigh:

Scroll to see replies

innit fam
Agreed.

Which is why I am planning to stay alone forever and work on more important things:h:
Reply 3
Original post by loveleest
Agreed.

Which is why I am planning to stay alone forever and work on more important things:h:

Good decision.

It looks good from the outside looking in.

But once you actually step in, it's a completely different story.
Original post by Man's wavey
Good decision.

It looks good from the outside looking in.

But once you actually step in, it's a completely different story.

I know but everyone thinks I am a freak for saying this.:K:
Oh well, at least I know my life is going to be stress-free. I can go to bed without thinking someone is cheating on me :biggrin:
Reply 5
I know but everyone thinks I am a freak for saying this.:K:
Oh well, at least I know my life is going to be stress-free. I can go to bed without thinking someone is cheating on me :biggrin:

I know right.

Do people really call you a "freak"?

This society stresses youths to be in a "relationship", and you are seen as an "outsider or "weird" if you aren't in one by a certain age.

But I was more at peace and stress free when I was "all alone".
pardon my French

Is that an actual expression ? :nyan:
I know right.

Do people really call you a "freak"?

This society stresses youths to be in a "relationship", and you are seen as an "outsider or "weird" if you aren't in one by a certain age.

But I was more at peace and stress free when I was "all alone".

Yes, unfortunately :frown:
I told my best friend I was planning to stay single (I think anyway) and not have any kids and she called me a freak/weirdo :frown: Now I avoid bringing up the convo.

I've actually been single all my life and so far it's fantastic. I see no reason to ruin my life my getting into a relationship :smile: It's peaceful being single.
Reply 8
Yes, unfortunately :frown:
I told my best friend I was planning to stay single (I think anyway) and not have any kids and she called me a freak/weirdo :frown: Now I avoid bringing up the convo.

I've actually been single all my life and so far it's fantastic. I see no reason to ruin my life my getting into a relationship :smile: It's peaceful being single.

I blame my raging hormones.!:cry2:

So you are right to remain single, this is why I am on TSR right now. I am trying to escape.

Are you asexual?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by FrenchUnicorn
Is that an actual expression ? :nyan:

It's a nice way of saying "sorry but I am about to say a rude word for all you sensitive Frenchies".:wink:

Jk.
Agreed.

Do you want children?
I blame my raging hormones.!:cry2:

So you are right to remain single, this is why I am on TSR right now. I am trying to escape.

Are you asexual?

:toofunny:I think if that's the main issue for you, you can find other ways...dw

I have been asked this a few times lol, I don't even think I am asexual I just think I am very frigid though.
It's a nice way of saying "sorry but I am about to say a rude word for all you sensitive Frenchies".:wink:

Jk.

:unimpressed:
:lol:

No I am genuinely wondering, was that an expression people use ? Just curious ^^
Reply 13
What's the point of a relationship?

It's over glamorised fam.

Relationships are just bleak and depressing. The constant ups and downs, personality clash,the boring and lifeless conversations, dealing with their bad days when they aren't "in the mood" and having to spend so much money on taxi fares and meals. When in reality the end result is what we all really want to do, is pardon my French but get laid!!

Nothing more, everything else is a nuisance and a burden.

Nah, it's not worth it bruv.:sigh:

Aww I genuinely feel bad for you. Looks like you've never had a real bond with your partner. It's an amazing thing. Sometimes it doesn't even involve sex! Sucks to be you.
Original post by ScienceFantatic
Do you want children?

never ever never ever.
I would love to adopt a few kids though.
Original post by Ciel.
Aww I genuinely feel bad for you. Looks like you've never had a real bond with your partner. It's an amazing thing. Sometimes it doesn't even involve sex! Sucks to be you.

Yeah you are right, I haven't.

All my relationships have been short lived and flopped.

I can tell you are in a great relationship, well then I can easily say that I envy you.

Finally, another girl that thinks this way!

I'll adopt the result of my niece's teen pregnancy when I'm in my 40's
Reply 17
Yeah you are right, I haven't.

All my relationships have been short lived and flopped.

I can tell you are in a great relationship, well then I can easily say that I envy you.

My past relationships were really *****y. So sometimes it just take a while to find someone worth your time.
Original post by Ciel.
My past relationships were really *****y. So sometimes it just take a while to find someone worth your time.

Yeah you are right, Sometimes you have to get through the rain if you're ever going to see a rainbow.
Original post by FrenchUnicorn
:unimpressed:
:lol:

No I am genuinely wondering, was that an expression people use ? Just curious ^^

Yeah posh people use it a lot.

Not that I am posh myself.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending