The Student Room Group

Do any guys actually like being in relationships ?

Seems like every girl I know just gets messed around by guys... Including me. So many cheat and are scared of commitment.

Scroll to see replies

I'd love a relationship. I know many lads who feel the same. They're out there, just got to find them!
I do. It's nice to have someone like that in your life.
Original post by lachachacha
Seems like every girl I know just gets messed around by guys... Including me. So many cheat and are scared of commitment.

Been with my girlfriend for 5 months now, and I love her i really do, theres no way Id ever think of cheating on her or want to be with anyone else and I'm definitely not scared of commitment, there are many many others out there I'm sure, just as others had said
Because it's a hassle. I am stressed fam.

I mean the build up is great, and knowing you managed to get her number feels like a great achievement.

After a few weeks everything goes down hill from there, when you come to terms with who she really is and the extra baggage.:sigh:
Original post by Man's wavey
Because it's a hassle. I am stressed fam.

I mean the build up is great, and knowing you managed to get her number feels like a great achievement.

After a few weeks everything goes down hill from there, when you come to terms with who she really is and the extra baggage.:sigh:

I can relate to this, and I don't mean it negatively. It's just you realise the person isn't who you thought they were. For example I really like a girl, then found out she would smoke often and I'm personally against smoking and wouldn't want to be with someone who does. Secondly she had a year of the slut as she called it and was still in contact with a guy she slept with a few times. I have major trust issues and other messed up things emotionally which would turns most girls off me down the line, so really I can't trust her.. so just issue after issue.
I'm in one and couldn't be happier, same goes for my boyfriend. So some do :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Um... yes?

I think u just going for the wrong kinda guys.
I like being able to reach my fridge from my bed.

So no fam I've got priorities.
Reply 10
I'm certain quite a few do, it all comes down to the type of person the guy is, as everyone has different traits that define them. Some guys prefer to play around and are just looking for fun, while others may be more serious and loyal.
Depends who you are in a relationship with.

That's because you and your friends are all going for the top 20% of guys in your social circles (most likley top 20% wrt looks/popularity), but many other women also going for these guys since they are the top guys in their social circles too.

So these guys have a lot of sexual options, so you cant really blame them for cheating when women are practically throwing themselves at them.

if you want commtiment from a man, try and widen your criteria to more than just "his cool badboy vibe; his six pack; his great hair; his popularity etc". Try and find a man who's character and personality you admire, rather than just attraction to him based on superficial things.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Cut
I'm certain quite a few do, it all comes down to the type of person the guy is, as everyone has different traits that define them. Some guys prefer to play around and are just looking for fun, while others may be more serious and loyal.

Yep ur 100% right
:yep:
I do say so myself as a girl the loyal serious type is much more attractive to me personally.But then again some of my friends like wild men to cut loose and have fun with! :bhangra: So to each their own? :u:

Honest opinion: Good looking/ athletic/ alpha male/ bad boy types no - Fat / nerdy/ boring average/ below average looking guys - yes because there's nothing much going for them.
Original post by Cut

No, not really. Its actually mostly economics.

The reason guys who cheat & play around can do this is because they have a relatively high number of women who fancy them, and so when you have a lot of sexual options who can blame you for cheating and not getting tied down.

Ofc there are some guys who are against infidelity, but most red-blooded men would cheat / play around if they could do. The reason most men dont do this is because they dont have the option to - women are not as interested in them. Women tend to only be interested in the top 20% of men (google "80 20 rule women" for the proof )
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Esoteric-
That's because you and your friends are all going for the top 20% of guys in your social circles (most likley top 20% wrt looks/popularity), but many other women also going for these guys since they are the top guys in their social circles too.

So these guys have a lot of sexual options, so you cant really blame them for cheating when women are practically throwing themselves at them.

if you want commtiment from a man, try and widen your criteria to more than just "his cool badboy vibe; his six pack; his great hair; his popularity etc". Try and find a man who's character and personality you admire, rather than just attraction to him based on superficial things.

lol good luck trying to make her/ western women in general less superficial/ shallow. Serves them right imo- they want to constantly slug out and put out on the top 20% - then should deserve to be treated badly because they're the types that friendzone decent guys on purpose so they can moan 24/7 about how shtty their bf is..lol.

I personally think it's a mixture of age and maturity, I've done my fair share of ****ing around with girls, which I know sincerely regret and I know have a very different, more respectful and positive mindset than before.

However if I didn't have that period of ****ing around, I heavily doubt I would be where I am now.

I've also matured a lot in the last year or so, which has definitely helped.

But ultimately, it's down to the situation, every guy and girl are surrounded by a billion factors which will all affect the eventual outcome, you cannot pin it down to a certain thing in most cases, and you certainly cannot assume that all guys feel this way.
Original post by RoyalMarine
The same pussy gets boring after a while. It's like eating the same food every day.

Offensive much

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RoyalMarine
The same pussy gets boring after a while. It's like eating the same food every day.

This is a load of crap.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending