The Student Room Group

Do you plan on getting married?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Blondie987
That's not true you'll definitely find someone awesome! Dw!

Or is it :wink:
But id like to find someone awesome! I have a feeling that it may be a while though.
Its hard!! Argh! How on earth do the *******s get dates everyday? That pisses me off no end!
I'd like to think I will settle down with someone, whether its married or cohabiting as we are close enough married anyway. That said, if we want to settle with a family, for all the right reasons, I'd hope we get married :smile: I like to use my parents as an example of a solid strong marriage of over 30 years.
I used to want to be married by the time I'm 30 at the very very latest, but now I'm approaching 26 and I've realised its better to get married to the right person at the right time than to marry because of some ideal I have in my head for where I want my life to be at a certain age.

To answer the question though, I absolutely want to be married at some point in my life and would be unhappy if I spent a long time in a relationship with someone and didn't get married (if I felt the person was right). ^^
Original post by FireFreezer77
Or is it :wink:
But id like to find someone awesome! I have a feeling that it may be a while though.
Its hard!! Argh! How on earth do the *******s get dates everyday? That pisses me off no end!

It is! Lol

I totally get where you're coming from but you will 100% find an awesome girl who will love you for you! They exist, and the ones that have so little respect for themselves as to want to date people like the ones with gfs at your college, aren't worth your time
I would love to get married provided my marriage does not end up in brexit
No, I never want to get married. The whole concept just creeps me out.
Original post by Blondie987
It is! Lol

I totally get where you're coming from but you will 100% find an awesome girl who will love you for you! They exist, and the ones that have so little respect for themselves as to want to date people like the ones with gfs at your college, aren't worth your time

Well thankyou! :biggrin:

Ah well thats good thag you understand.
Excellent! I very much look forward to that day! It will be full of happiness :yep:
The problem is that im unique in my interests and no one i know even knows what hald of them are, so i need to expand my search i think.
Just not where i live haha!
I really dont see how theyve managed to get gf's with the way they act! Its disgusting really! But ive met so many girls like that, that im starting to wonder what the hell has gone wrong with people here!
But thanks again! :biggrin:
Nah. Marriage is archaic. I intend to practice relationship anarchy in the form of solo-poly the rest of my days.
nope, I'm celibate :smile:
Original post by PugDevil
Okay, lets look at this slightly differently - would you be content to be with someone for say 20 years, but not get married? Does marriage make it 'final' to you?

Also, do you think experience in life can deter you from it? For example, your parents have split up. Would that make you less likely to get married?

I have no plans to ever be in a relationship again, let alone get married. My experiences in life have def deterred me from those ideas, sad though that may be. It's impractical.

That said, being rather traditional about these things, if I WERE looking out for romantic partners - I would not be with someone if they had no intention of marrying me, or proposing a year or two into said relationship. I wouldn't judge others for thinking/doing differently - I'm just very South Asian about these things :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I hate seeing married men with wives who are clearly not attracted to them at all. Maybe it's because the man has aged or become less attractive, or maybe because the woman married for finance/ stability. Either way that really puts me off marriage, and I never intend on marriage myself.
Open marriage.
I would love to get married some point in my life but I just can't imagine it happening
Yes, but definitely to someone as career/goal oriented as me. Not about that prenup lyfe

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 54
Original post by FireFreezer77
Yikes i bet thats fun haha!
Aw im happy for you! How did it all start?
I like the BAM! Thats brilliant!
Well ill pass on the baby names (i dont want kids) but thanks!
I keep getting rejected which is why i feel like this! Ive never been on a single date and its getting me down because others do everyday pretty much!

Apologies for the belated reply! Well... we met at college as we were in the same geography class. I had turned up late for the first session because of a delayed train and everyone had already been sat in their groups. I was all hot and red because I had been running! So I took the empty seat that happened to be next to her and she offered me some of her water from her bottle and it blossomed from there! :u:

As for the rejection, it is hard, I do understand how you feel! But try not to let it get you down as there is someone waiting out there for you! Just gotta go find 'em :biggrin:

Spoiler

Yes for obvious reasons. If we aren't married then it's like giving him a free pass to walk out of the door.
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
I have no plans to ever be in a relationship again, let alone get married. My experiences in life have def deterred me from those ideas, sad though that may be. It's impractical.

That said, being rather traditional about these things, if I WERE looking out for romantic partners - I would not be with someone if they had no intention of marrying me, or proposing a year or two into said relationship. I wouldn't judge others for thinking/doing differently - I'm just very South Asian about these things :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here, I won't ever be in a relationship and I'm glad of it :smile:
I'm not entirely sure.

There's no security when it comes to marriage and a lot at stake. I wanted to get married, but having learned how fallible relationships are I just don't think it's worth the risk.

Maybe. We'll see. Far ahead in the future whatever the case may be.
I wouldn't mind it. Do I think that will ever happen? Now that's the question...
Reply 59
I don't want to get married or have kids. I don't think it's the right thing for me to do. Imagining a life with someone is very hard for me because I know the type of person I am. The idea of just having a family and kids and looking after them for the rest of my life isn't enough for me. I want more from life and I don't think I can get that if I ''settle down''. And it would be really unfair to the kids, in my opinion, to have a mother like me. I also hate routine, commitment and feeling like I HAVE to do something. A lot of people don't like my reasons for never wanting to get married or have kids (there's a lot of reasons) and I can understand why. Maybe someday, I'll want to get married. I don't think it'll ever happen though. And to anyone thinking that I'm a sad person, I'm not! I'm very happy with the life I have and I know what will make me happy in the future.

Quick Reply

Latest