The Student Room Group

Prom starts in a few hours

Scroll to see replies

Ah just don't go. Or just push yourself to go and stick with a few friends (everyone wanders off as usual) and laugh at how stupid and ridiculous it is. Only a few people dance anyway so you will be alright.

I know you've already said that you have been to prom but I just want to reiterate this to people that believe its a night to remember. "You will regret if you don't go"rubbish. Look it isn't a big deal. I had mine last week, none of my friends have talked about it since. Cheesy DJ, bad music, buffet was blah, excuse for kids to judge others and gives teachers a free night out. Funny thing is all the 'popular' (hate saying that) kids left by 11pm to go to after prom. Lolol

It was bad.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 41
Original post by TercioOfParma
What went so badly the last time?

The only thing to really do was dance. Which I find intensely embarrassing. So I sort of just stood there awkwardly on the side of the dance floor while my friends danced, counting the seconds and waiting for it to be over.
Reply 42
Original post by drandy76
You can always get more I guess, it's a trade off between money lost/your desire not to go, if you dislike of wasting money is greater then go, although I assume the dress can be returned?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I bought the dress too long ago and the return period is now over :frown:
Original post by Platopus
The only thing to really do was dance. Which I find intensely embarrassing. So I sort of just stood there awkwardly on the side of the dance floor while my friends danced, counting the seconds and waiting for it to be over.

I barely danced at all at mine, I can't dance for **** either. Why not just talk to your friends who aren't dancing?
Reply 44
Original post by Glib
Monday is a very odd day to have a prom, i'm guessing it's cheaper to hire a venue.

I'm actually thankful it is on a Monday. At my school, it's a tradition to all go clubbing at this specific club after prom finishes. But, it's closed on Mondays so this year we can't go.
Reply 45
Original post by TercioOfParma
I barely danced at all at mine, I can't dance for **** either. Why not just talk to your friends who aren't dancing?

Everyone dances. Or at least, everyone danced last prom. And besides, the music was far too loud to talk anyway. And even if it hadn't been, no one was interested in being "boring" and standing around chatting.
Original post by Platopus
Everyone dances. Or at least, everyone danced last prom. And besides, the music was far too loud to talk anyway. And even if it hadn't been, no one was interested in being "boring" and standing around chatting.

Well, it may change. At mine it was about half and half.
Mines on the 9th , i share the sentiment.
Reply 48
I did it, I survived prom!!!! It was just as awful as I expected but I got through it and now I need never go through a prom ever again. Sighs with relief. That was as stressful as any exam.
This happened me. But it actually turned out not to be too bad. Just find some of your friends and have fun with them. Don't feel you have to drink if you don't want to. If you get there and you really hate it, stay for an hour or two to see if gets better then you can just go home. If you go with a positive attitude and don't write it off before you get there there's more chance you might actually enjoy it a bit. If all else fails, just eat what food there is and get a takeaway after!

Quick Reply

Latest